Winter has come

Vladislav

Paul, thank you for sharing dora gun pictures and too interesting facts.

I'm impressed too, 2800 sunked ships...

Russians lost terrible number of people during the war, 20.000.000.

But our land history told neither about other battles including D-day, Perl Harbour, Italian campaign and battle for Atlantic.

These facts came on a surfase lately, after the Soviet Union times.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hello Vlad, For years I have made the point in conversations that Russia lost 20 to 22 million,, all other figures for other minorities and groups of people I will say i wasn't aware of, just to piss off people that are so stupid or ill informed also, when I mentioned the original start of Barbarossa as April 1st, I actually don't think it was even possible till around middle to late May due to the spring rains, nevermind the conditions of the Pripyat marshes.......Paul

RONCETTI

Hello Vlad, For years I have made the point in conversations that Russia lost 20 to 22 million,, all other figures for other minorities and groups of people I will say i wasn't aware of, just to piss off people that are so stupid or ill informed also, when I mentioned the original start of Barbarossa as April 1st, I actually don't think it was even possible till around middle to late May due to the spring rains, nevermind the conditions of the Pripyat marshes.......Paul

Interesting Paul, I can't remember I ever heared about that April date as original Barbarossa start. I was shure the June 22 was the choice as the longest day time.

About the number of lost people there was a figure of 20 at Soviet times. When Perestroika starts it gets to multiply, I'm shure heard 27. On my mind nobody knows how

many were in real. I saw myself the "Brother grave" as it called in Russian of 10.000 soliders. With no names, just a stone with dates. It was near a little village in a region of Rzev. The front line was there for 2 years of bloodfull fights without moving. If you remember, I told, Germans retreated from Moscow for some distance. They found a good enviroment and prepeared fortification. The city of Rzev was on that line. There were 200.000 of total lost just near the village I noted above.

• Like 1

Lmfao!!! Hey clad I left the other two for you but realized it would be a long to Russia. So since its the season of giving I bought the other two plane tickets to Russia .

Date?

The time of arrival?

Oh,yes, and the serial number??

Hello Vlad, check this out, you will find more stories on it, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/9434204/Sunken-World-War-II-submarine-found-off-Nantucket.html its the latest one found. Also, from what I unserstood, Russia, itself was said to have lost 1 in 3 people during the war which would put it into higher numbers and why Stalin didn't want help from the Marshall Plan as it would have revealed Russia's weakened condition in terms of loss of life, whetherr true or not, I don't know. Paul

RONCETTI

Here is another interesting discovery recently Vlad, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/9057074/2-billion-treasure-chest-of-sunken-Second-World-War-British-steamer-discovered.html Russian payment to USA on ship sunk by Nazi sub off of Cape Cod also....... (Interesting everyone here is oblivious to our conversation, I hope Vinny is getting a history lesson, lol)...........Paul

RONCETTI

hehe,,,most of us could sure use it...lol.bob

Don't worry about guys, we just type.

Wouldn't be happy though if you will use "Clad" on me everywhere :)

Paul, thanks alot for the articles, read them with interest and pleasure.

Our world conteins as much information so we need more and more than a whole life to learn it.

• Like 1

1. A USAF EC-121 Super Constellation. I flew on a Rhode Island Air National Guard C-121 Super Constellation (the passenger version) to Ramey Air Force

Base in Puerto Rico.

2. That railcar based gun is awesome. Never saw one that big before.

3. Never heard about that German sub found off of Nantucket. Must have been out of town that day.

bulldogboy

• Like 1

Hi bulldogboy, Yes that gun is a well engineered piece of equipment. Those constellations were based down here at Otis Field. Remember as a kid see them flying so low over town, 3 engines out, oil pouring out of the others, belly covered, sirens out at the base blaring, town fire whistle blowing, and they just about making it back. During that era, main street Falmouth, was patrolled by Army MP's along with police dept. Yes sub discovery made public this summer. About 10 years ago another off Chatham was discovered sitting upright on the ocean bottom, swastika still visible on deck. Also Gustav being assembled......Paul

• Like 2

RONCETTI

Paul, vlad, this has been a very interesting thread keep talking! Learning stuff I never knew.

I agree, we usually only hear one side. It is interesting to hear the "other" side of the story. As was mentioned earlier, we all just want to live in peace. Too bad more people (especially in the Mid-East) don't think the same way. I am amazed at the BIG GUN pics. Wonder how long it took to manufacture the parts and assemble those big guns? Did they test them before going into battle?

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"