Happy Thanksgiving!

randyp

Eh, all today is for me is a day I don't get to work...money that ain't being made. Can't use Saturday as a make-up this week...Dozer's got his annual DOT certification physical that needs to be renewed so he can keep on truckin'. I suppose I could get some stuff done around the house...got a radiator to swap on my motorcycle, a room to clean out in the house, a desk to put together so I can get my computer moved out of the living room and into what will be the office.....hopefully if I can't see the computer AND the TV at the same time, I won't waste as much time in front of either. I already moved the work-out stuff (weight bench, punching bag, etc.) to the house next door where I'll have room to use them again (that room had got rather cluttered) to make room for the cacti to be brought inside....even though one ain't making it back in there again.

Damn holidays...Fiance was SUPPOSED to be here this month. Just found out that it'll now probably be after the holidays before she can get transferred. Had to postpone the transfer after she got subpoenad to testify on the 20th at the trial of a shoplifter that was caught during her shift, and now it is the big holiday rush and nobody is being transferred out until after it's over. I'm not happy at all about this...Christmas Tree hasn't come out of my attic since I bought the house & moved it up there 8 years ago....and it sat in a closet untouched for 2 years before that. I bought it 11 years ago because the family came through on Dec. 26th on their way to a cousin's wedding shortly after Christmas...so I had the house all decorated and they celebrated "Christmas Lite" with me....basically every gift opened was either to me or from me because they had all exchanged gifts the day before. I just don't see the point in rearranging furniture to make room for the tree, dragging all of the decorations out of the attic & setting them all up....only to tear 'em down and pack 'em up a month later....not when it's just me here. I was really hoping I'd have a reason to set it up this year....but now, I see that ain't gonna happen.

Lucky her, though....she's got the first "Black Friday" shift. 5pm tonight through 2am tomorrow. Should be exciting.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Well you still have a good day!!

post-3242-0-49109600-1353606910.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Stouffer's roast turkey breast (with cornbread stuffing in a homestyle gravy with mashed potatoes) will be done in 10 minutes. Just got the canned yams in the pan on the stove...dang buzzer...time to get the corn in the microwave. Dinner in 10. WOOHOO!

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Best wishes to all my BMT friends and their families for a safe and happy thanksgiving! was'nt sure i was going to get home today or not,i picked up a load of 3rd class airmail in Columbus,OH late yesterday,took damn near all night to load it! (samples of some kind of baby formula) so i had to beat ass to get home! got in this morning,took a little nap,woke up to a fantastic meal!,bad part is i gotta deliver in Jersey city,NJ in the morning,so i gotta roll shortly, Happy Thanksgiving! and i'll catch you all later!...............Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Stouffer's roast turkey breast (with cornbread stuffing in a homestyle gravy with mashed potatoes) will be done in 10 minutes. Just got the canned yams in the pan on the stove...dang buzzer...time to get the corn in the microwave. Dinner in 10. WOOHOO!

That reminds me of Thanksgiving Day, 1972 I believe. My Dad was relased from jail early after serving around 26 days of a 30 day sentence :whistling:. Anywho they let him go on Wednesday so he came and got me (I was living with my Aunt and Uncle at the time) and him and I went to Howard Johnson's for Thanksgiving dinner.

I always liked the food at HoJo's. It had a "TV Dinner" taste to it.

Happy Thankgiving guys!

Did you puke?

Jim

That reminds me of Thanksgiving Day, 1972 I believe. My Dad was relased from jail early after serving around 26 days of a 30 day sentence :whistling:. Anywho they let him go on Wednesday so he came and got me (I was living with my Aunt and Uncle at the time) and him and I went to Howard Johnson's for Thanksgiving dinner.

I always liked the food at HoJo's. It had a "TV Dinner" taste to it.

Did you puke?

Man o' man! i sure loved the "crispy fried clam strips" from HoJo's,it was my dad and i's regular haunt when my mom was away or un-able (or un-willing) to cook! i still have a Winross HoJo's truck i've had since i was a kid.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ok, i've been most of today trying to catchup with the threads. Anyway would have said Happy Thanksgiving if the g/f had been home but not. Mom and I spent Thanksgiving together. Was going to take her to eat at the Cracker Barrel, but got cold feet when I saw the line out on the porch.I could not put her through the long wait. But she and I took a 30 minute ride which wore her out. Just went around the Franklin area and back to her home. She said that it was ok, that she was just satisfied having her son with her on this thanksgiving day. I took her home and fixed us some soup since she liked that. She is having surgery this monday at 6 a.m. and I don't think she will be coming back to her home. So looks like a big decision will need to be made soon by me as to a nursing home or assisted living. All saving funds are almost gone and her home will have to be sold. So i'm just thankful to still have my mom this year for Thanksgiving.

To All a Good Holiday and remember your mom's

mike

Mike - wish your mom well with her surgery! And keep your chin up. I am going thru issues with my mother (actually for the past year).

Remember, our moms took care of us when we were younger, now it is our turn to take care of them.

Things will work out just keep the faith!! Enjoy her company while you can. :twothumbsup:

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Mike, good luck on your mothers surgery.

Today I am at my brother in laws having a second thanksgiving with my wife's family. Just stuffed myself silly again. Waiting about an hour then hitting that apple pie with vengeance.