B model at Mid America Truck Show

I walked around that truck probably 10 times it is pretty sweet.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I was confused too by the model # too. It was the heaviest b-model I ever saw. With all the people around and the close parking I couldn't get a good shot of the rears.I really enjoy Mid America show, but there are too many 2 year old Pete's and KW's . They all kind of look alike to me.Guess that's why I have what I have.

All the B80 series have the square construction style fenders and very heavy cast radiator.

Exception of course are fire trucks like B85.

This truck has the cast aluminum radiator, standard round fenders and extended hood which make this a B73, 75, 77 depending on engine.

After a while Mack model numbers will make sense.......I think!

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I saw this truck on TV once. This one has the custom bulldog grill cover that you can't mistake. The TV show was documenting a truck show in TX with a lot of modern trucks. This truck was talked about by a younger kid as it has been in his family for a few generations. If I remember correctly, it was some sort of wrecker/hauler.

Damn sharp,bet he's got more in that than I have in a 100 of mine.My only question is to why he put B-83 emblems on his B-73??

Mike,its just a guess.Maybe his title & data plate say B-83! I believe part of the story on TV said his grandfather used it in his wrecking yard for like 35 years,before they restored it.I wondered the same thing the first time I saw it,also.It is a beauty though,I give it that! :twothumbsup::clock_logo::twothumbsup:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA