1916? AC Mack

Very nice AC! Was this at an auction? When and where was it? What did the truck go for?

It's not proper forum etiquette to publicly ask someone what they paid for a truck. If they post the price, there's always the chance their wife could read it.

• Like 1

I think it would fly.There's plenty of us that can't make it that far east to the big shows all the time.I'm definately gonna do some serious thinking on it this winter. It would give me a good excuse to do some reorganizing and straightening up,too.

Where in Iowa are you located? I would consider attending and may or may not bring my MH. I like the idea - see some different Macks, meet some new people, and see some nice scenery.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email today from Dale at the Museum confirming my new AC,chassis # 733693,was built in 1921 and was part of a group of 16 AC firetrucks ordered by the Chicago Fire Dept.,it was delivered to them on Dec.14th 1921.

Those guys at the museum are awesome.

So is that truck!

Lets see,there is 2 Greco B models there,a Celli B model,and now a former Chicago firetruck,and who knows what else from the "Corruption Capital of the U.S."? Watch out Mike,with Illinois being short of funds,you might owe some back registration fees on a few units there! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Lets see,there is 2 Greco B models there,a Celli B model,and now a former Chicago firetruck,and who knows what else from the "Corruption Capital of the U.S."? Watch out Mike,with Illinois being short of funds,you might owe some back registration fees on a few units there! :loldude:

I've got another B model that Mike Pagel picked up for me years ago from one of his contacts in the towing business up there,it had been abandoned in a alley.Also have the cream colored '65 that was originally a HJ Mohr? tractor and the remains of it's twin sister.