85 superliner

mack77

Hi, nice truck, I like the old dogs with the big hoods they are great to drive (not like some of the leaning trucks, u nut) I have a couple sources on Mack parts probably the best bet for air tanks at a decent price would be Phil at Global truck traders, call him at 603-239-7008. I called him for a few parts for mine and he had em all in stock and shipped em the next day great guy to deal with. Good luck with the truck, too bad its got that durn ol yeller motor, you know theyre yeller cause they is scared of the big dogs right? LOL!

Hi, yeah i like them too bud..I remember the first time I drove in one its when my dad bought a brand new one in 89..add a 5oo ..18 speed and 46 full lock in the back..lets say its was beautiful to see it pull in front of those 425cat, since that day i knew i wanted one,

Ii know its suck for the cat inside..i got another superliner in the yard with a v8 450..but when i stsrted adding to change the motor parts, it was to much $$$ so ill stick with the cat fot no.

Thanlk for the information where to call for parts , really appreciate it.

Eric

Have you ever driven a U model? Jeees, that thing is a fun little sucker to run, alota people have told me that too. One guy even said a U model was the best truck he had ever driven.

I learn to drive those two stick shift before a car.. its kind of fun

Hi !

The person knows nothing about the mileage ! he will at least check the model number and

the engine type , but for sure it is running and it has a trubo in the back of the engine .

should know more next week.

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

Have you ever driven a U model? Jeees, that thing is a fun little sucker to run, alota people have told me that too. One guy even said a U model was the best truck he had ever driven.

Yeah I have driven one, and a DM, I cant see the passenger side mirror without binoculars, and I was too close to passing traffic, and the hood is too short I might as well have been in an F model, lets not even talk about the lean!
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hi, yeah i like them too bud..I remember the first time I drove in one its when my dad bought a brand new one in 89..add a 5oo ..18 speed and 46 full lock in the back..lets say its was beautiful to see it pull in front of those 425cat, since that day i knew i wanted one,

Ii know its suck for the cat inside..i got another superliner in the yard with a v8 450..but when i stsrted adding to change the motor parts, it was to much $$$ so ill stick with the cat fot no.

Thanlk for the information where to call for parts , really appreciate it.

Eric

Im on my second E9 truck, you just cant beat em for power under a load but they are outrageously expensive to work on, if you decide to sell the E9 truck, or just the E9 let me know Im always looking.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Im on my second E9 truck, you just cant beat em for power under a load but they are outrageously expensive to work on, if you decide to sell the E9 truck, or just the E9 let me know Im always looking.

ok bud ill let you know.

10-4! im back out!

dont be too hard on young Vinny. he will run away again haha. have driven a few Dm's myself, pretty hard to get use to gettin out and missin the' F'ing step and steppin about 4 feet down out of the cab! or having to get out and walk around the truck 10 times to adjust the passenger mirror bracket cause its 15 foot from the driver seat and you cant just roll the pass window down and reach across and move it or tryin to find a gear with the bent shifter on a 2 stick 6 speed and always getting the wrong gear cause of the bent stick!. other than that just like an other Mack but they are a rough riding bastard haha

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

dont be too hard on young Vinny. he will run away again haha. have driven a few Dm's myself, pretty hard to get use to gettin out and missin the' F'ing step and steppin about 4 feet down out of the cab! or having to get out and walk around the truck 10 times to adjust the passenger mirror bracket cause its 15 foot from the driver seat and you cant just roll the pass window down and reach across and move it or tryin to find a gear with the bent shifter on a 2 stick 6 speed and always getting the wrong gear cause of the bent stick!. other than that just like an other Mack but they are a rough riding bastard haha

that x 2 Im sorry Vinny, after you get that truck fixed up maybe you can meet up with somebody at a show and take a ride in a Superliner then youll see what I mean, I just came up in an R cab and they fit me, its like your favorite old hat or pair of pants they just feel right (and that pass side mirror is in the smae zip code as the driver).