R Model air cleaner

smorse54

Looking for a good used or new R model air cleaner that has the dual intakes. In normal running air is drawn thru the top and by flipping an air switch it is drawn from under the hood. Looks much the same as the cleaners used on the 676 with tip turbine but one hose goes to turbo, the othe ends inside hood to draw dry air.We had a Canadian R688 new in 1982 that was equipped with this option.When running in heavy snow the filter would not plug.I found a sevice bulletin from 1980,no.G187 and it lists the air cleaner as 2MD4007. This is a dry element filter. Thanks, Steve

Thank you Steve, I'm fine with. Would like to get a book for B from you. But using another, not so long time shipping.

About air cleaner - are where any ideas of having stasinless strips to fix to a cab this kind of?

My tank fills good but straps are close to get fall of it.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Steve,

Here's what I have.Let me know what you think.I'm sure the dent would pound out,just need a little bondo to smooth it up.There's a couple rust bubbles at the top seam but I don't think it's clear thru.

post-61-0-07654000-1351720611_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike, that looks familiar :loldude:
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 3 weeks later...