Sign in to follow this  
smorse54

R Model air cleaner

Looking for a good used or new R model air cleaner that has the dual intakes. In normal running air is drawn thru the top and by flipping an air switch it is drawn from under the hood. Looks much the same as the cleaners used on the 676 with tip turbine but one hose goes to turbo, the othe ends inside hood to draw dry air.We had a Canadian R688 new in 1982 that was equipped with this option.When running in heavy snow the filter would not plug.I found a sevice bulletin from 1980,no.G187 and it lists the air cleaner as 2MD4007. This is a dry element filter. Thanks, Steve

That Canadian kind looking this way.

Although this one is not for sale.

post-3971-0-74479800-1351184565_thumb.jp

Yah Vlad, that's what I'm looking for. Good to hear from you. Hope your parts books have kept you busy. Steve

I've got one of those,but it's dented.If you can't find anything better,let me know and I'll send you a pic or 2.

Hi Mike. Hope you're feeling better.I can deal with dents if they aren't too bad.Rust is another story, A couple of pics would be nice. Thanks, Steve

Thank you Steve, I'm fine with. Would like to get a book for B from you. But using another, not so long time shipping.

About air cleaner - are where any ideas of having stasinless strips to fix to a cab this kind of?

My tank fills good but straps are close to get fall of it.

Vlad

Steve,

Here's what I have.Let me know what you think.I'm sure the dent would pound out,just need a little bondo to smooth it up.There's a couple rust bubbles at the top seam but I don't think it's clear thru.

post-61-0-07654000-1351720611_thumb.jpg

Mike, that looks fine to me. I'll PM you. Thanks, Steve

Steve,

Here's what I have.Let me know what you think.I'm sure the dent would pound out,just need a little bondo to smooth it up.There's a couple rust bubbles at the top seam but I don't think it's clear thru.

post-61-0-07654000-1351720611_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike, that looks familiar :loldude:
  • Like 1

Hey Mike, that looks familiar :loldude:

Yeah,but it was dent free when you hauled it to me,it got a little close to the boom truck when I unloaded it.

• Like 1

I need one of these as well if anyone has it. The part number on mine is 2MD4112. My model is 1998 RD688S. Thanks.

not sure,I believe I have one as well, came off a DMM mixer... will check and post..

Clay