Sign in to follow this  
brutus998

Superliner 1 battery boxes

I am looking to buy a set of Superliner 1(78-84 model) battery box covers that are non-diamond plate aluminum boxes.

I've got an extra set of original covers.I'll take some pics today and post them. Steve

Steve, are they aluminium of stainless?

I'm in interest also.

Though not pretending to be the first in the order.

Vlad

here call or email this guy in Florida, Mack B, R, U, D, M, MH polished SS battery box covers 315-543-2624 or macktrucknut@netzero.net

brutus i am in canton , ohio he advertises in a magazine called Wheels of Time, there is a picture they look nice,have him email a picture to you. I have deezee aluminum treadplate box covers on a 89 Superliner and the factory poslished aluminum on a 88 Superliner, both trucks have E9 engines.

post-8009-0-57492300-1351035260_thumb.jppost-8009-0-27607000-1351035384_thumb.jppost-8009-0-74320900-1351035523_thumb.jppost-8009-0-25367700-1351035655_thumb.jpHere's some pics I snapped today. Yes they are aluminum. They need to be sanded and polished to really look good. Steve

I also have a set. Aluminum. Anyone want them please let me know.

I was probably mistaken, my's are from R, with a cross on a side.

So need that kind. I have one stainless with chrome overplating. And the other one. Steel and rusty.

Looking for a one more stainless, will get aluminium having no chances only. But have a time yet.

Vlad

some of those early Superdogs had those cheesy cheap battery box covers, not the heavy ones with the x in the front. they had the ones you DIDNT wanna stand on cause the cover would come off and youd go on your ass haha.

here call or email this guy in Florida, Mack B, R, U, D, M, MH polished SS battery box covers 315-543-2624 or macktrucknut@netzero.net

His email is mactrucknut@netzero.com, theres no k.

sm54 those are the covers i never liked. one wrong move when your standing on them and they come unlatched and you fall on your ass haha.they dont have the lockin groove in the back like the newer or older ones with the x in the front or the B model style.

Everything above says that boxes with X are good.

Who can tell me what are stainless boxes coming from ?

Are they optional or Canadian? Or custom aftermarked?

Everything above says that boxes with X are good.

Who can tell me what are stainless boxes coming from ?

Are they optional or Canadian? Or custom aftermarked?

Vlad,the aluminum boxes shown in the above pics were available only on the Western models Macks,FL/FS,RL/RS,WL/WS.and RWL/RWS.They are larger than the more common "X" marked east coast built Mack battery boxes and were all aluminum,box and lid.

The boxes with the X were/are steel bottoms,with optional painted steel,chrome steel or aluminum lids.Stainless and aluminum lids are also available for these boxes aftermarket.The Canadian built Macks had the same battery boxes but instead of the "X" on the front of the box,there was 3 horizontal lines.

Mike, thank you for learn.

I saw that 3 lined boxes somewhere on a picture although all 4 ex St-Germain Canadian R688's came to Russia with X's.

Don't know a matter, maybe they were just X-R's ?