Evel Knievel resto

Both his K.W. and Pitabilt were Cummins powered.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I gotta dig up that issue of the BULLDOG where E.K. writes a letter (via Western-Union) to Z.C.R. Hansen about his first impression of his new Maxidyne Powered Western F Model MACK. Its pretty cool! I think it was a 300 series (285hp) Maxidyne.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

David - thanks for the link. Interesting statement "This was pretty late in the life of Mack’s R Series cab-over-engine model."

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

This truck was factory built with an Allison.

Side Saddle Shifter

post-3242-0-61736300-1359568830_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm very suprised that no one has linked to this site. I had forgotten that I had this book marked until a few minutes ago.

http://www.restoreevelrig.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=56

Thanks Terry...interesting site and lots of pics. Not much left of the cab, what a mess of rust.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Is it me or isn't the Rob Marino thats in charge of the resto a little too spastic? I enjoy the show American trucker, but wished they talk more with the guys restoring the rigs like the bj and the bear episode. That jumping around and over stating the obvious on and on kills the show for me. just my thoughts

Is it me or isn't the Rob Marino thats in charge of the resto a little too spastic? I enjoy the show American trucker, but wished they talk more with the guys restoring the rigs like the bj and the bear episode. That jumping around and over stating the obvious on and on kills the show for me. just my thoughts

I stopped watching it for that very reason,that guy gets on my nerves!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yeah he is a bit of a tool at times...

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...