New owner of a 1964 Mack C600

Milaca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I repaired the PTO two weeks ago (broken shift fork, it's made of stamped steel and I was able to weld it back together) and now the dump-box raises, I can now start the truck from within the cab (corroded starter cables at the starter motor and corroded terminals on the ignition switch were the culprit) and I now have the brake treadle valve assembly repaired. Unfortunately, the brakes are not yet working as they should as the brakes are not releasing. Ran out of time/daylight this weekend so that will be my next project. I began digging a wildlife pond and I intend to use this truck to haul the spoil from the lowland up to high ground. If I dont get it done soon, there is always next year. :)

11-2-2012%2520013.JPG

Edited by Milaca
  • Like 1

I repaired the PTO two weeks ago (broken shift fork, it's made of stamped steel and I was able to weld it back together) and now the dump-box raises, I can now start the truck from within the cab (corroded starter cables at the starter motor and corroded terminals on the ignition switch were the culprit) and I now have the brake treadle valve assembly repaired. Unfortunately, the brakes are not yet working as they should as the brakes are not releasing. Ran out of time/daylight this weekend so that will be my next project. I began digging a wildlife pond and I intend to use this truck to haul the spoil from the lowland up to high ground. If I dont get it done soon, there is always next year. :)

11-2-2012%2520013.JPG

Cool! Are you going to restore the truck? She looks good there, all them little things add up ya know? Keep up the good work and pictures! My U model doesnt have brakes either, the truck wont build air, so we didnt think it would move but it did. I think the compressors dead in mine.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 8 years later...

My Father and I bought a C-600 (model C607) in 1976. In my research I found that there are 4 sub-models; C607, C609, C611, and a C615. What are the differences in the different models?

George