The Philly Construction Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think I ever seen that one DDD,but yet again Tri-Axle RD's are quite common around here. Could be Nello Construction, or Molly Construction, they both have red trucks. I hope your trip was fun in Philly, and you happen to check out all of the construction going on in the city.

-Mike

19 hours ago, philatruck said:

I don't think I ever seen that one DDD,but yet again Tri-Axle RD's are quite common around here. Could be Nello Construction, or Molly Construction, they both have red trucks. I hope your trip was fun in Philly, and you happen to check out all of the construction going on in the city.

AEL Contractors. I always enjoy my time in Philly. The Reading Terminal Market left me too full to do any serious exploring. B)

Got ya DDD, next time you are in Philly, message me, and I will let you know of any big construction sites to check out. Like I said lots of work going on in the city.

Mike D, I think the smallest crane JDM has at their yard is a Link-Belt LS58, you can see it in the background of some of my pics with the cab door open. I always thought they had Larger B & E cranes, but they do use smaller cranes at their quarries as "Skull-Crackers". They use a weight to crush rocks so they can be picked up with a loader. Most of these types of cranes are parked. The only older cranes they use are Draglines at their sand pits.

-Mike

AEL is just a single truck.  Always see him working with small contractors building houses in and around the city.

Next time you're around philly, check out the 95 widening project from 676 all the way up to Cottman Ave.  Plenty of Mack action.  Coolest thing you'll see from the company I work for is our 77 R wearing original paint and pinstripes pulling trailers of rebar to the cranes.

I have our Superliner and the boom truck down at the airport on site.  I put so much wax on them but they're getting coated in dust and bird crap :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2 of A.P.'s DM885 are on the auction block. I think they have about 2 or 3 left now. I would guess they owned about 8-10 at one point.

https://www.rbauction.com/1973-MACK-DM885SX?invId=10046138&id=ci&auction=NORTH-EAST-MD-2017186

https://www.rbauction.com/MACK-DM885SX?invId=10046134&id=ci&auction=NORTH-EAST-MD-2017186

Found these on Google Map Street view,

125.jpg

223.jpg

239.jpg

259.jpg

capture2.jpg

• Like 2

-Mike

On 6/5/2017 at 9:04 AM, james j neiweem said:

The newer Granites seem to have longer hoods than the originals.

Bigger cabs too.

AP are working on the Philly airport with us right now.  The last I saw those steel nose DMs, they were in a plow train pushing snow down broad street in south philly.  Probably about 3 years ago now.