The Philly Construction Thread

14 hours ago, Jdiesel25 said:

Thanks. It's a nice truck. Overkill tho haha

Maybe if it's over kill you don't want it anymore. I will trade you my 8500 topkick with cat engine.???

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rich Reinhart said:

Always looking for you out on the road  

I've been doing most of my work on the 95 job between 676 and Allegheny.  Though once I get out on the road I like to let her stretch her legs a bit.  Usually running up to the Tullytown landfills and occasionally G&R Cat.

• Like 1

I thought I will pass along this information that I heard about upcoming DNC that being held in Philadelphia at end of July. Basic no truck over 5 ton will not be allow on Interstate 95 between Route 291 Platt Bridge and Interstate 676. Basic if going north the detour will Platt Bridge to 26 street to Interstate 76 to Interstate 676  to Interstate 95. If going southbound you will exit at Interstate 676 to Interstate 76 to 26 street to Platt to Interstate 95  

That Mack Grapple Crane is looking good!  I think I saw it loaded on Street Road a month or two ago.

A video I found of some trucks working the blizzard of 2016. There is a AP DM800, and a couple of DM690s in it.  The company that owns the silver DM's and RDs also has a steel noose RD600.

-Mike

D'Angelo Brothers Inc is looking to add another full-time mechanic to our team!

Must be able to work with Mack tri-axles, Caterpillar and other construction equipment
(oil changes, greasing, changing tires, replacing brakes and more)

All levels of experience considered - however, must have at least some training and/or experience working on/servicing dump trucks and construction equipment. Great opportunity for recent tech grads!

401k and medical benefits offered

EMAIL ONLY - PLEASE DO NOT CALL

Located in South Philadelphia.
We are an equal opportunity employer

Photo004.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, philatruck said:

That Mack Grapple Crane is looking good!  I think I saw it loaded on Street Road a month or two ago.

A video I found of some trucks working the blizzard of 2016. There is a AP DM800, and a couple of DM690s in it.  The company that owns the silver DM's and RDs also has a steel noose RD600.

The company with the silver trucks is Petrongolo out of Jersey.  Their stuff is kinda rough looking, but I see it often.  Those AP tandems only seem to come out to plow.

On 6/14/2016 at 6:02 PM, xdudebrahx said:

The company with the silver trucks is Petrongolo out of Jersey.  Their stuff is kinda rough looking, but I see it often.  Those AP tandems only seem to come out to plow.

Yea I know I see them often too, they mostly do utility work for the City of Philadelphia. Some of their newer Granites are better looking. I follow the local union heavy-highway construction industry quite a bit around here. It is quite cool to see one large family operate 3 separate construction companies including AP, JPC, and Petrongolo Contractors and all are very successful.

AP has a lot of trucks, they have about 4-5 of those DM800s, and a Superliner but it is setup as attenuator truck. They used to have more DM800's, but when JPC spun-off from them they took at least one.

I also noticed too that ABC Construction has been fixing up their fleet of lately. They junked several dump bodies on the RD's and put new steel ones on. The dump truck for hire service has really been booming around here.

-Mike

Then I had to go pick up a roller at Plasterer in Sellersville and saw the H&K superliner hydroseeder.

I had to crop my pics down and they're all fuzzy now.  Every time I try to upload a pic from my phone, it says the image is too large.  This new site sucks.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...