The Philly Construction Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Haven't been on here in awhile.

Nice seeing posts of our trucks.

Was wondering if you guys could do me a favor. My family's company, D'Angelo Bros., Inc. is a finalist for Firstrust Bank's Philly's Business First award. We are now in the public voting round and you really use your support. We have been working in and around the city since 1906. We have always been run by the D'Angelo family and currently have members of the third, fourth and now fifth generations employed at the company. Your support would mean a lot.

The site to vote is www.bizfirstawards.com

Also, if there's any of our trucks you'd all like to see pics of, let me know.

I think I seen an Ex D'Angelo Steel Nose R Model today beloing to a company called BRN Trucking, which I think is a division of ABC Trucking.

Also seen a classic R Model Tri-Axle about a month beloing to a company called Sunshine or Sunflower trucking? I think it was yellow and brown or green in color? It was a sweet classic working truck though.

-Mike

I think I seen an Ex D'Angelo Steel Nose R Model today beloing to a company called BRN Trucking, which I think is a division of ABC Trucking.

Also seen a classic R Model Tri-Axle about a month beloing to a company called Sunshine or Sunflower trucking? I think it was yellow and brown or green in color? It was a sweet classic working truck though.

BRN popped up when ABC got all that work on the Walsh contract. I think they're definitely related. I also saw the old steel nose DM on Friday I think. BRN has two blue R models that have seen better days. Hope the steel nose doesn't go that way.

The other company you're thinking of is Sundowner. They have an R and an RD I believe.

Thanks Dan for correcting me I know they deffientely had the word sun in the name lol. I have also been seeing a bunch of Mastrocola trucks latley, and a company called Dibella although they have newer Macks.

I think BRN is a WBE division of ABC. A lot of large scale construction projects require a certain amount of WBE participation since it is helping a minorty or women owned business. I see a lot with other companies do the same thing including Dinardo/Bella, R.P. Blair/Invyland Construction, etc.

-Mike

• 2 months later...