The Philly Construction Thread

philatruck,i've seen that new JDM fuel truck.Very plain but is a rather nice looking truck.It's your typical JDM,or late Durkin trucks that were just plain janes that got the job done.I can recall back in 98 when I was looking for a new tractor to put under our lowboy and my dad over heard me talking to the Pete salesmen.After I hung the phone he said stick with what got you here,and that would be a MAck.So you know what truck we brought.Mack CL700 with the V8.The more we loaded her down the better she pulled.Came out of Bethleham Steel one morning at 3:30 am loaded with our Cat 375 and I tilted the scales at 204,000,the only downside was my permit was good foe 198,000.I crossed my fingers and went.

One thing I like about their fuel trucks, is they decal them like NYC Style fuel/oil trucks,with their name on the side of the tanks, and the truck number on the doors. It is plain but at least it is green instead of white.

Also got a get a pic of a nice Light green Superliner that is parked on Decatur Road

-Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been seeing their Granite lowboy of lately. There is a lot of working going on at Sugarhouse JPC Group is doing most of the work on a big sewer there, and AP Construction has their Manitowoc 4100 across the street. Miniscalco might be a sub on one of the projects.

-Mike

Ok cool Mike, JPC and Miniscalco (and Preston Construction) do a lot of work together, so I thought they where on the same job. I also seen Miniscalco working at the pumping station on State Road Last year too. I have to take a ride down there, and see all the work going on overthere.

-Mike

Back in the 70's and 80's when we did a lot of work down at the Philly airport and doing parts of I95 we would walk our draglines from job to job.I remember one time my dad had us walk one of the dragline right down the shoulder of Industrial Blvd. right in front of the airport,worse yet it was midday.The good old days.

Odd question, but do you have any pics of Anderson's yard when the Tidewater Grain building was still standing? I remember going to the demolition as a kid and they put me on the news because I gave a smart ass answer to the reporter lol. All I can find online is the Tidewater Grain elevator at Girard Point. I'm looking for the one up in Port Richmond. And by any chance do you have any pics of the old railroad yard with the coal unloader next to the Girard interchange? Ever since we started that richmond street job, I've become fascinated with all the industrial history in that area.

D'Angelo Brothers Inc in South Philadelphia is now seeking tri-axle dump truck drivers. EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Driver must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a drug test. MUST APPLY IN PERSON. Message me for more info!

-Joey D'Angelo

D'Angelo Brothers Inc in South Philadelphia is now seeking tri-axle dump truck drivers. EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Driver must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a drug test. MUST APPLY IN PERSON. Message me for more info!

-Joey D'Angelo

. Why couldn't you be located in NYC? Very rare around here to see anyone advertise for drivers. I'm sure you will have no problem filling those spots

Local 282 Union Service