Need Info For D1070

CML Service

• 6 years later...

if I am not mistaken that was the first version 6 spd, you shifted the main 5 times and the aux. box from direct to overdrive for the earlier deeper rear ratios, they also had one the aux. went from direct to low, for a lower first gear.      terry:MackLogo:

1 hour ago, terry said:

if I am not mistaken that was the first version 6 spd, you shifted the main 5 times and the aux. box from direct to overdrive for the earlier deeper rear ratios, they also had one the aux. went from direct to low, for a lower first gear.      terry:MackLogo:

Perhaps you are thinking of the TRDLG1070 7-speed. It wasn't an early version, rather just another version. I liked it, though it never caught on in popularity. You only split fourth and fifth, which worked out perfectly with the Maxidyne high-torque rise engine.

10 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Perhaps you are thinking of the TRDLG1070 7-speed. It wasn't an early version, rather just another version. I liked it, though it never caught on in popularity. You only split fourth and fifth, which worked out perfectly with the Maxidyne high-torque rise engine.

no it was as I described above, It was before the X107 six spd, only made for a couple of years,  I will dig in one of my old mack service manuals to check, If I remember it had an interlock to use the low range with the main in 1 st gear, and the overdrive one had to have the main in 5th gear.     terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrgumby said:

And reverse was in the main stick not the aux stick mostly in heavy spec trucks had a dm 800 with one. I think 69 or70 was the last year for them

When they went to the 107X, reverse was put on aux. stick, then you had 5spds. in reverse along with direct and a low gear, also 1071X had a lower low gear in the aux.    terry:MackLogo:

• 2 weeks later...

The transmission Chuck was asking about, (TRDL-1070) has been in my water truck for five years now. It's an overdriven 10 speed. It replaced the direct 10 speed, (TRDL-107) and was a slip fit except for the input gear on the PTO for the pump. The transmissions are not stamped with the "L" character but are aluminum case. That is probably where the respondents went astray. I have a TRDL-1071 in another truck which is the low reduction two stick six speed and it does not have the "L" stamping in the aluminum case either. All of these transmissions are 1970's models and the 1960's models transmissions, (B series) I have are stamped with an "L" if aluminum. 

I still have the original TRDL-107 and keeping as a spare as two of my other trucks have the same transmission.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.