Gerharts Pics 10/6/12

JTFormula

i never mind someone opening my doors and lookin at my truck or askin a million questions. some asshole did manage to run their watch band down from my grab handle at Springfield tho and pissed me off but i drive it. its bound to get nicks, scratched and the occasional bondo blister. its hard to stop rust no matter how hard u try and fix it.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

i think the diference between truck and car pepole. car show spectators "not all" dream about owening a cool car, truck pepole are looking at anouther buissness and treat it with respect, i still will not touch any ones truck with out them there. what if the hood cables were broke and there you stand with a superliner hood on the ground.

If you were standing there with my hood on the ground youd be shot when I got back, but thats just me Im kinda OCD about my truck, hands off I dont f with anybody elses I want the favor in return. I have always hated the Major Car Show crowd, the local cruise in guys are OK, most of em anyway. But the big shows I have been to in the past I was ticked off half way thru listening to the b.s. about everybodys cars not being perfect like theirs are, and he has the wrong headlights and he has the wrong tires and he has the wrong color needle in his speedo, just WTF?
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

totally agree. i go the the Lake George Ny show along with the Syracuse nationals. lost of nice cars, some rats,and i enjoy lookin but eventually someone will piss me off. maybe its just me but i cant stand the arrogant asshole that has a 70 Chevelle 454 that SOMEONE else did for him and he thinks hes hing shit. id rather walk by a ratty old truck or car thats mechanically sound and be able to talk to the owner that goes to work everyday and works on his OWN vehicle, cuts his hands opens and saves his pennies to by parts.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

totally agree. i go the the Lake George Ny show along with the Syracuse nationals. lost of nice cars, some rats,and i enjoy lookin but eventually someone will piss me off. maybe its just me but i cant stand the arrogant asshole that has a 70 Chevelle 454 that SOMEONE else did for him and he thinks hes hing shit. id rather walk by a ratty old truck or car thats mechanically sound and be able to talk to the owner that goes to work everyday and works on his OWN vehicle, cuts his hands opens and saves his pennies to by parts.

10-4, ROGER! Im back out!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You are very right about that. I deal in classic cars so I hear this shit everyday. I have been to more truck shows (2) this year compared to the one car show I went to this year. All I heard was why did this guy do this to his car or why that's not right? These guys have nothing better to so then knock everyone else's car. Half these guys don't even have a car in the show.

When I took a car for a show I had to close doors for a while I wasn't near. It's too terrible to see mud from feet and scratches or damages on parts I made by my hands.

I also need nowadays to close doors of my cars in my yard because some guys who come for bying parts like to get themselves inside and sometimes try to stoll key hanger or a handle from a radio. There were facts.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

People ask me in my showroom "why did the guy build the car like this" or "why was this done like that"?

I tell them I didn't build the car, I am just selling it. If it bothers them that much buy the car and do it the way you want then.

If you were standing there with my hood on the ground youd be shot when I got back, but thats just me Im kinda OCD about my truck, hands off I dont f with anybody elses I want the favor in return. I have always hated the Major Car Show crowd, the local cruise in guys are OK, most of em anyway. But the big shows I have been to in the past I was ticked off half way thru listening to the b.s. about everybodys cars not being perfect like theirs are, and he has the wrong headlights and he has the wrong tires and he has the wrong color needle in his speedo, just WTF?

I leave my doors open because...well, it's a cement mixer. But i've never opened anyone's door myself to look inside, that's why my interior pictures are by just holding my camera up to the window and taking a picture.

And I agree, I just like to see the older stuff preserved, I really don't care about it being perfect, "numbers have to match for the production year or it's garbage" b.s.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm not a big fan of people getting in my trucks without asking. A lot of people think that just be cause it is a fire truck they can do what they want. I can't tell you how many kids ran right and jumped on my AC pumper at the ATHS show in Springfield. On Sunday of the Macungie show we got back to the park there were several people in the cab of my Transtar with kids walking around on the frame. By the time we got parked they had moved on and the kids were in the back seat of my 85LS. I confronted the mother who was very rude. When I went to start the truck oil was pouring out of the dipstick tube. Someone had turned on the fuel pump and filled the crank case with gas. We shut it down right away and had to go home for a lowboy to haul it home. I drained the oil, but have not had it running since. The fire trucks don't have locks and the AC doesn't even have a cab so I don't really have a way of keeping people out.

Mike

I'm not a big fan of people getting in my trucks without asking. A lot of people think that just be cause it is a fire truck they can do what they want. I can't tell you how many kids ran right and jumped on my AC pumper at the ATHS show in Springfield. On Sunday of the Macungie show we got back to the park there were several people in the cab of my Transtar with kids walking around on the frame. By the time we got parked they had moved on and the kids were in the back seat of my 85LS. I confronted the mother who was very rude. When I went to start the truck oil was pouring out of the dipstick tube. Someone had turned on the fuel pump and filled the crank case with gas. We shut it down right away and had to go home for a lowboy to haul it home. I drained the oil, but have not had it running since. The fire trucks don't have locks and the AC doesn't even have a cab so I don't really have a way of keeping people out.

Mike

It's just a rude thing to do. I can understand people not wanting folks crawling all over their trucks uninvited. My truck's not really a show truck so I don't mind, but the doors being ajar is sort of an invitation to look in if they want to, but I've never even seen anybody in it.

" ...I don't really have a way of keeping people out."- put some yellow "crime scene" tape around it. :loldude:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've never minded people looking in my trucks and up until this year,have never had a problem.This year at the Old Thresher's show,someone stole the key out of my '46 Brockway.After trying ever key Mikey,myself and another friend had,we finally found one that would work(EZ-Go golf cart key).Had a copy of it made,so saved buying a new ignition switch,but still the whole deal really pissed me off.The key ring had an old brass tag size of a half dollar,stamped #20 Brock,left over from it's working days,kinda hated to lose that.