Alloy wheel polishing

Have polished 2 front wheels this week.

Ohh...

Originnaly they came to me as the first picture.

I'm shure all the drivers of that yard made piss on them for some years.

There were 24.5 tyres not avalible so wheels were changed for 20's long ago.

Most of originals are long gone into alu recycling.

So the only two.

I started to sand them with wood sand paper and after half an hour understood there were no chanses for any good.

Corrosion was too deep plus mec. damages.

A friend of mine helped me for a chap who machined them faces. With some weld up on cavits.

For not expensive.

Picture 2.

That chap (have never had luck seen him) is 86.

He workes his job all his life although he made as wavy surfase...

...so I had sanded them with a pair of boys at my shop during whole 3 days!

I can't say I'm happy about resuls. (3,4)

Aluminium is not a material for polishing.

It's a best of what I can get of them.

Doesn't look like polished stainless.

Though I have now two alloys ready for tyres.

Vlad

post-3971-0-75260400-1348252888_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-21047400-1348252967_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-53107900-1348253039_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-42928700-1348253064_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Probably better than others overhere.

I'm in a conclusion though.

I need tyres. New only avalible.

Have to pay 1K for a pair of China steerings (People say they're good).

Next step - 8 driving ones...

Plan to wait until next spring for money spending.

It would be nice to assemble 2 in front at least.

But I'm planing to do only one trip this authumn and waiting to see white flys in the air in 4-6 weeks.

So wheels would come into the snow for a glad of neighbor's cats to piss them over :(

Vlad

I think they look good. Sorry to hear they are so hard to get over where you live. Here on the west side of the states I can find 22.5 and 24.5 Alcoa wheels used in good shape for $50 -$125 each. I can only guess how much the shipping would be to send some your way.

Edited by 1951 Mack LJ

Here the stuff of this condition avalible.

For $150 with wrong piloting.

The shipping is about $2 per kilo plus some extra for m3.

Parts trader is ready to import for me $400 new Alcoas for +45% and I damn starting to think about rears...

Vlad

post-3971-0-23349800-1348261733_thumb.jp

for any chrome parts center caps lug nut covers, whatever call Mike at Chrome Country here in the U.S. he ships all over the world and itc actually pretty reasonable from what a friend told me he is from Poland and his brother drives a truck there we had Mike send him lots of Chrome parts he cant get there the number is 877-247-6289, web is www.chromecountry.com I dont know what the country code and prefixes are from Moscow sorry, Mike at Chrome Country can get your center caps and lug nut covers too you if you cant get them overseas cheaper.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

for any chrome parts center caps lug nut covers, whatever call Mike at Chrome Country here in the U.S. he ships all over the world and itc actually pretty reasonable from what a friend told me he is from Poland and his brother drives a truck there we had Mike send him lots of Chrome parts he cant get there the number is 877-247-6289, web is www.chromecountry.com I dont know what the country code and prefixes are from Moscow sorry, Mike at Chrome Country can get your center caps and lug nut covers too you if you cant get them overseas cheaper.

Thank you, will try.

Most American truck parts aren't used in Europe so they come from States if somebody in need for.

Here some of them exist but a problem of info about Macks and old trucks.

Vlad.

Looks good on my cpu screen better looking than my fuel tanks right now.

Fuel tanks is a project for next spring. My boys must to relax well after wheels for not saying f**k off to me.

Vlad

Your wheels look great. Have you checked Ebay for parts?

I have problems with a shipping.

Rob sent me bearings 10 weeks ago but I still don't know where are they walking.

Now waiting a lot from Watts Mack but with a help of local importer.

So parts supply is under construction.

Baby moons - I need to identify stud/hub piloting.

For example Mack accessories online has them but not all is clean there.

Vlad

Rob sent me bearings 10 weeks ago but I still don't know where are they walking.

Vlad

Use Fedex or UPS and you can track the shipping.

Use Fedex or UPS and you can track the shipping.

Russian post also provides a tracking. But practically they don't.

UPS and Fedex are terrible expensive, regular post cost $15/kilogramm.

Vlad

Talked to him today he says he sent them and was shocked you didn't have them yet

Talked to him today he says he sent them and was shocked you didn't have them yet

Thank you for talk with him about.

I wanted to send money but he answered 'When you recieve them".

So I still didn't.

Vlad

from your pics you have stud pilot wheels and the center hub bore should be standard for that style alcoa, the hub pilot wheels have a few different hub diameters but they dont have conical seat lug nuts like yours.

Mack accessories catalog p/n for the ABS plastic front hub cover and lug nut set is 5398-15000 other than that its all what you want, if you tell me what you want Ill go get em and ship them to you, you can pay me thru paypal. I can get whatever, baby moon smooth style, pointed, black chrome,the baby moons that cover the hub and lug nuts all in one large cover, I can get whatever kind of lug nut covers you want I use the smooth top hat style I think they have a clean look.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

from your pics you have stud pilot wheels and the center hub bore should be standard for that style alcoa, the hub pilot wheels have a few different hub diameters but they dont have conical seat lug nuts like yours.

Mack accessories catalog p/n for the ABS plastic front hub cover and lug nut set is 5398-15000 other than that its all what you want, if you tell me what you want Ill go get em and ship them to you, you can pay me thru paypal. I can get whatever, baby moon smooth style, pointed, black chrome,the baby moons that cover the hub and lug nuts all in one large cover, I can get whatever kind of lug nut covers you want I use the smooth top hat style I think they have a clean look.

Thanks alot, I probably found most of I need at Chrome Country. At the moment I have got a bad practice of recieving privat post from the US. Last parsel is still on his way, four previous walked about 8 weeks each. So now trying to use local parts supplier. Price is close but they have a risk on them, not me. As I believe still. Now waiting for a big order, but it's in a conteiner, longer that air. Would continue after recieving it. Very good you're helping to know of what is metal and what's plastic, not every online list gives correct info.

Vlad