R Model hood

JTFormula

A buddy of mine just told me he has a hood for an R at his rental property. I told him about this site and asked me to post it for sale for him. He said its in real nice condition. Asking $500. Located in Howell NJ.

I'm trying to get pictures this week. I can put it in my truck and bring it to the Gerharts show for the buyer if that helps.

I thought it would make a cool ass desk!

• 6 months later...

It took a while before I got the chance to get over to my buddys house but I picked up the hood to bring it to the Englishtown Swap Meet this weekend. Econondyne emblem on the drivers side. You guys will know what year its from better than myself. If you are going to the swap, my spots are H18-23 pit side so you can see it. I can help deliver for a small fee.

post-11944-0-81935500-1366244230_thumb.j

post-11944-0-18112100-1366244244_thumb.j

post-11944-0-17040800-1366244247_thumb.j

post-11944-0-93097200-1366244249_thumb.j

Vlad, get with phil young at Global truck parts 603-239-7008 phil@globaltrucktraders.com they already do export so they know how to get it to you.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Oops wasn't done.... Vlad if phil doesn't have it contact John Atterson at Winrock truck parts 800-676-0052 www.winrocktruckparts.com winrock more than likely has what you want its 10 acres of Mack parts heaven.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I export cars all the time. The one shipping company we use also does freight. If Vlad wants, I can check to see pricing and if they need it crated or at least on a pallet. Or if he wants Global to do it, I can deliver it to them in NH and they can do the rest.

That's an '80's hood,not '60's,looks to be good shape.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure and of course the internet doesn't always produce the right info. You guys on the other hand know what you are looking at. Yeah, its in nice shape. One small minor crack on the bottom of the one side but besides that solid.

The swap meet has everything, mostly automotive. I don't really find a whole lot of big truck stuff but usually drivers are car guys so why not bring it. I've seen original unrestored Model T's there all the way up to late model ricer crap. Oh, and socks. 3,000 vendors of rusty crap is always a good weekend.

I was at Global's on Sunday afternoon and took a picture of the Nashua truck which was already missing the driver's door. Didn't see the second Nashua truck which may have been inside.

That RD chassis was INSANE with rot and spread. Should have taken a picture and framed it because it was worthy of a prize.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.