THE U MODELS CAB IS ON!

You know, I had a dream the other day that you guys dropped an 8V92TA in that thing before you put the cab back on but I woke up and looked on here and apperently you didn't. Oh well, looks great Vinny! It's starting to look like its gonna be a nice truck. A lot nicer than our International for sure, haha.

Cousin Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Your'e IH isn't too shabby Ben, Paul

From the pictures. When you look at it up close, it looks like some old junkyard-bound cornbinder that some jamokes threw some paint and chrome on. Oh yea, that's what it is. Vinny's truck looks like somebody took their time and did a nice restoration. His does look a little bit crooked though...

Ben

• Like 2

GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You an Papa should be real proud! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yea, It was just kinda resting. When I call Nana and Papa tonight I'll report back any progress. But dont worry, the cab has some flaws. Theres a few little dings we missed, and ONE drip on the back. You can really see it unless you know where it is like me or Papa, or put your nose on it.

ONE DRIP?!?!?!? Well I guess the international only has one drip too. And about 50 waterfalls.

Cousin Ben

• Like 1

This Dude I knew from street racing had a 71 Olds Cutlass he attempted to paint himself with a Wagner power painter and Sears Weatherbeater paint. Talk about runs and waterfalls. The side of the car had glossy curtains.

Ive got to agree with the above comment(1958 F.W.D) if you only sandblast one area on the truck, make sure its the hubs. I just gave an F model a quick paint to tidy it up, I chipped as much old paint off as I could, and used stripper, and gave it a really good coat of etch prime and then multiple coats of paint, and its already beginning to flake away. And Ive only travelled about 1000 miles.

I will never paint another one without sandblasting. It doesnt matter how good you are with a paint gun, theres no substitute for good surface preparation.

Other than that 2 bob's worth, its coming together really well. Its great to see so much enthusiasm. Keep up the good work and keep the photos rolling in, hopefully it will put the fire in the belly of everyone who follows the post.

Regards,

Skip

• Like 1

Looking good Vinny. Thats just about how I put my cab on with the exception that I used My Mack boom truck from work to put it on but that doesn't really matter. Keep up the good work. Now I got to get caught up(I need to install the radiator and rear ends) with you :whistling: .

Thanks, Josh :bulldog3::SMOKIE-LFT:

• Like 1