707b Filter

Loadstar

Looking to change the oil in a 1953 LS85. The engine is a ENF707B. The question I have is about the Filter......It has a sock type filter now....The build sheet is hard to read but I think it says....236gb in small letters then 28B in larger print....I've read a bunch of posts here, but just want to make sure I get the right replacement if possible.

Any cross reference Numbers or a place to buy one would be great.......THANKS

Hi, Went to Napa and got a 1503 filter the other day......finally got around to changing the oil today. It seems i must have a different style oil filter housing. The old filter measured 9 -1/2 x 5-7/8......i'll try to post some pictures of it......Thanks

post-12279-0-28290500-1347928215_thumb.j

post-12279-0-79857200-1347928257_thumb.j

post-12279-0-29817000-1347928410_thumb.j

• 4 years later...

Off and on , I've been searching for this sock filter since my last post. I have the online NAPA Filter Catalog for 2008 year. Could not figure why everyone else seems to find what is needed. I finally broke down and called my local NAPA store. They told me this filter was still available Part # 1503 but could not answer me as to why it did not show up in the Industrial online Catalog for Trucks, Buses etc. This catalog shows the Mack EN engine series except a 707 B.  I like a mystery but sometimes it gets a little old when no one answers a question that is suppose to be easy. 

On 11/5/2016 at 10:13 PM, Mike said:

Don't mean to bust a thread, but can that old sock filter be cleaned and reused by spraying a cleaner through it? Like I did the B Models air filter and use Simple Green or something that might not dissolve the inner parts?

Hope the 1503 works for you.  If it does you can practice cleaning the old one and see what happens.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

21 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Hope the 1503 works for you.  If it does you can practice cleaning the old one and see what happens.

Ok, someone could have said that was a stupid idea and I can get over it. I was really trying to help but ran into a dead-end street with NAPA ON-Line Master Catalog. Also was nothing else showing when I Googled it. Thanks Jay for the best answer. 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Ok, someone could have said that was a stupid idea and I can get over it. I was really trying to help but ran into a dead-end street with NAPA ON-Line Master Catalog. Also was nothing else showing when I Googled it. Thanks Jay for the best answer. 

I am feeling under the weather.   If I was feeling good I would have given you a ration of shit about cleaning the filter.....

The NAPA 1503 is a cartridge filter about 4" X 8".  The Baldwin DF 408 is a sock filter measuring about 5.75" X 10".

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

15 hours ago, j hancock said:

I am feeling under the weather.   If I was feeling good I would have given you a ration of shit about cleaning the filter.....

The NAPA 1503 is a cartridge filter about 4" X 8".  The Baldwin DF 408 is a sock filter measuring about 5.75" X 10".

LOL.....thanks Jay for sparing me the Mother Load.