Buckeye Bulldog

got to see the Buckeye Bulldog pull this past weekend at the Fonda Fair in upstate ny. 4 turbos and 4300 hp. had my B model with me, drove right down thru the pits , get out and Mr JR Collins himself is yellin at me to get over here.talked my ear off for about 45 min about 673, 711, 673T, the maxidynes, the better 673t's with firering and his favorite, the 866's. really smart guy when it comes to old Macks and nice as can be to talk with. looked over the truck quick, opened the door and its gutted! even the doors are chopped up, no inners or even inside sheetmetal, he only left enough to bolt the latch in and outside door handle, seat in the middle, think it even had a part fiberglass cab, the back of the cab looked fiberglass. him and some chopped up peterworth called Jacked up were competing i think but both got their ass kicked and a Maroon Dodge Bighorn ended up winning in the end. finished up the night with a few beers with the local fire department guys. overall a nice night. dont go to the fair cause i really cant stand the local rif raff and welfare people that i pay for everyday. haha

Edited by Maddog13407

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I have never gotten to see the Buckeye Bullf=dog or the Killer Mack pull but they have some awesome engineering under the hood, and I want those damn valve covers off the buckeye bulldog, I have been looking for a set for a few years. Oh I just may have pics of Killer for comparison.

post-5240-0-31586800-1346893182_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-35749600-1346893203_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

:SMOKIE-RT: I've visited with JR Collins at Bowling Green Oh a few times. He is trulyl a real gentleman to talk to. I've bought a few of his Buckeye Bulldog Tshirts the last couple years. It's amazing the power that his truck and Dick Bonner's Killer Mack have. They can both back out of it going down the track and just push the fuel and pick it right back up again. I've also talked to Dale Francis a couple times he's a nice guy to talk to.

• 6 years later...

I bored, and re-bored rods for J.C . years ago, at Hagerstown plant. ( some couldn’t be saved, ‘dog legged’. haha) he was a lot of fun to talk with.beautiful truck. ...in cab....we’ll just say ‘a few stray wires. ( think’one of his engines went in ‘Blue mule’ ....?) I did work at Allentown plant,SC Winnsboro, Virginia,new river, Home plant Was Hagerstown. Machinist & engine test Dyno...

On 9/4/2012 at 8:32 PM, David said:

Did it look like this?

post-99-0-58019500-1346812262.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures.

I’m really surprised to see a bow tie on that battery box?  What the heck? 😁

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.