The Backhoes Here!

When I was a kid my dad would bring home the backhoe brochures for the new John Deere's with the "new" foot swing, his old Ford 4500 had old -fashioned "four lever" controls so the foot pedal fascinated me . . . . . of course I was only about 5 at the time lol :)

Looks like an "extend-a-hoe", that's handier than sliced bread for a job like putting a cab on!!

Have fun! Truck is looking great!

I have a 580SuperK in the back yard with a 3 sticka nd foot swing, I am so used to excavator controls Im lost as last years easter egg on that thing. That old 480 is the oldest backhoe I have ever seen with extendahoe that had to be about the first year it was available. I prefer the DEERE 310SJ with the joysticks we have in Nash. it has the extendahoe and the hyd thumb on foot pedals they are pretty easy to remember and the pilot control deeres are SMOOOOTH!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

:SMOKIE-RT: A buddy of mine has a 580D I've ran it quite a bit. It takes a bit of adjusting to go back to foot swing after you've ran 2 sticks for a while, but there ain'tt nothing wrong with foot swing as long as every thing is adjusted up right.

I grew up on Deere controls. The newer Cats have a switch to change from Cat to Deere. Every once in a while I'll switch to Cat style just to shake all the rocks of the frame. Man they are bass ackwards after running a Deere. I can run the case four stick with footswing a hell of a lot quicker than the Cat setup. Good luck with the cab. I've spent the last four months getting the 12v starter switched in for the 24v. I wish I was moving even 1/10th the speed you are!

1962 B733 L cab