ATCA Madrid Truck Show Pics!

Hers just pictures of the Macks and Brockways. That Superliner is E9 powered, MMmmmmmmmmm did it sound good. Then theres the B42 dump, R600 4 door, Mike Rodericks 1969 361 Brock, a 1947 E model, my buddy Doug Fetterly's B613T only one of eight made in 1965, and then a nice red 1978 R model with a hood scoop.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Umodelnut,

Glad you liked the Superdog. Not slow enough though! Heard about your U model through Doug. Glad to see you are gaining on your restoration. A good friend of mine drove for DeLuxe Van Lines in Massena. Anyone remember that company? He drove local and had a U model like Chet's, the one you saw on 310 near the show. Too bad I didn't get to meet you. Another show sometime.

i looked at the album on the 4 door R model that was sititn on the truck at the Washington county truck show. truck was originally a fire truck, regular cab, was really nice and they scrapped the pumper body and chopped the cab and another one and spliced them together. actually did a nice job. just not my style. plenty of R models around to choose from rather than cuttin up a firetruck but to each their own.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not a farmer friend of mine gave me that name. Then on top of that I'm friends with Doug! Go figure. The B42 was converted to a 673 and the guy wants to sell it.

I absolutely loved Chets U model. What was his last name? Doug was tellin me you knew Chet. Doug was bustin on me and said your not gonna see it again hes scrapin it. I almost cried. Until I saw that Fetterly smirk on his face.

Chet's last name is Tyndal. He is a retired highway super from Madrid. Go to www.justahobby.zenfolio.com and our photographer has pics from the show. Anyone can order from her at this site if you want. Can't reproduce them though. The big yellow REO of George Tackaberry's came from Canton at the St. Lawrence County Highway Dept. Was their lowboy tractor until about 10 yrs ago.

Hey Umodelnut,

Glad you liked the Superdog. Not slow enough though! Heard about your U model through Doug. Glad to see you are gaining on your restoration. A good friend of mine drove for DeLuxe Van Lines in Massena. Anyone remember that company? He drove local and had a U model like Chet's, the one you saw on 310 near the show. Too bad I didn't get to meet you. Another show sometime.

Yea Mike, your talking about Redgie Schwitzer from Chaumount right? I know him. I met him before with his green R model. We talked about U models for awhile.

I've met Reggie, but didn't know that's who he drove for. The guy I'm talking about is Al Havington. He and Francis Walsh were best friends growing up in Massena on Talcott Street. Oddly enough Al never drove full time for Francis. He drove most of his career as the DeLuxe Van Lines local driver in Massena. Al passed away the year after Francis did.

Mike

I've met Reggie, but didn't know that's who he drove for. The guy I'm talking about is Al Havington. He and Francis Walsh were best friends growing up in Massena on Talcott Street. Oddly enough Al never drove full time for Francis. He drove most of his career as the DeLuxe Van Lines local driver in Massena. Al passed away the year after Francis did.

Mike

Oh, Ive never met him. Thats sad they passed.

Al was a good guy. Liked horses and listening to old truck driving songs by the Willis Brothers, Dave Dudley, Red Steagal and others from the 50"s. I still have a lot of them. Fun to remember listening to them with Al. Al really liked Macks. Always said his U model was a Mack with a porch on the side.

Al was a good guy. Liked horses and listening to old truck driving songs by the Willis Brothers, Dave Dudley, Red Steagal and others from the 50"s. I still have a lot of them. Fun to remember listening to them with Al. Al really liked Macks. Always said his U model was a Mack with a porch on the side.

Hahaha, that means the passenger fuel tank right?

Yup you got it. Some time I would like to restore a U model to the DeLuxe Van Line colors. Have to look up some old pics but red and white were the colors. Up here at least they ran almost all Macks. B models in the 50's. They did have a GMC 9500 in 1976 pulling a pup trailer painted up for the Bi-Centennial.