R Mack Tractor in action

I was in front of my shop helping a driver load one of our cars getting shipped out. The guy had an F350 with a 48' 3 car wedge but will be upgrading to a 7 car carrier next month. I then caught this R tractor coming up the road.

I whipped out the iPhone and snapped this real fast just so I can share it with you guys.

post-11944-0-02336900-1344557167_thumb.j

The driver (car carrier guy) looked at me and said "You like the Mack trucks?" in his accent.

I said "Its an R Model, what's not to like?"

He just smiled at me.

I stare at R-models going by me at work all day but they all go by at 40mph+ and i cant get a pic, lots of nice looking rigs here in mass. though. Eric

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

I was bs'n with the carrier and when I just turned around to see if I was to far in the street I looked down the road and saw him coming. I had about 7 seconds of lead time so I was able to shoot it. I was going to wait until he was right next to me but there was another box truck coming from behind me. My luck he would block the shot so I took it. Real clean rig, lots of chrome and it sounded sweet too.

I think the R models (and Superliners) were the best looking Macks of all time. Of course the MH is a close second! :twothumbsup: There is a R model dump that goes by the farm almost every day. The next time I "hear" it coming I will try to get a pic.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I was standing in the road, not driving. To the right of the picture you can see the 3 car trailer I was standing next to. I don't text while driving. I have enough problems typing on this iPhone in the house.

• Like 1

Just had my R model out for a ride today.Didn't go all that far but she ran great.If I keep taking her out for some fun rides I may get the motor broke in.She only has 72,000 orignal miles on her.The only things I have replaced were some of the hoses and the fan belts.I will post some pictures when I get them.We are the orignal owners of this beauty,we had brought 20 r models,10 umodels,15 dm600 triaxles dumps all in 1979.

• Like 1

lol,,,know what you mean,,,ive been staring at them,,,over 40 years never get tired ...bob

Hell Im 37 yrs old myself Bob & named after A B Model myself i live & breath :MackLogo: IN General :thumb: .

NICE Looking R Model

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: