Superliner I Air Tanks

Pawel

Hello everybody!

I have a question again. For what I know the Superliner I had three air tanks - two slung under the battery box on the driver's side and one under the battery box on the passenger side. The question I have is: which tank is which? I mean one of them (which one?) would be the supply/wet tank, another would supply air to the rear axles and the other would provide air for the front axle. Maybe one of you, friends, would be so kind as to crawl under your machine and snap some photos from the underside? I would really appreciate your help here - thanks in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

Thanks a lot Steve! That's exactly the information I needed! Now if some kind Superliner owner would be so helpful as to post a photo of the tanks from the underside, that would make my day.

In the meantime I found the following information for a 1990 (Superliner II) RW703 in a Mack brochure:

RH - Supply/Secondary - Two Compartments

LH - Primary Single Compartment

Manual Drain Valve w/Lanyard Control on Wet Tank

That's in case somebody is interested.

Steve, thanks again, you really helped me a lot. Have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel, I have changed the mounting of my tanks so a photo of mine wouldn;t help you.I no longer have straps holding the tanks on.I have welded aluminum channel to the topside and bolted them to the battery boxes.A idea I stole from the new Mack/Vulva Pinnacle. Saves corrosion forming under the straps.Steve

Steve - cool save on the straps. But what would be more interesting for me is the way the air lines connect to the tanks, and also how the drain and safety valve look like. So if you would be so kind, I'd like to see such a photo. It's a detail hard to find on the internet. Thanks for your great help, have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel, worked really hard posting pics in test forum. Don't know now to put them here, so check it out.Photo1 is left front (primary)viewed from front.Note one way check valve on right. Photo 2 is top view of left tanks showing the mounting I described. Photo 3 is left rear(wet) tank. Photo 4 is my new alum. core radiator I just completed and installed. Photo 5 is right (sec) tank. Note check valve here also. Photo 6 is anso right tank. These have just been installed and lines are not secured yet. Hope this helps. Steve

Steve, thanks a lot, that's really a great help.

Here's a link to the thread with the pictures, in case anybody else would like to see them:

http://www.bigmacktr...pics-for-pawel/

I see for myself, that sometimes posting pictures here can be a real pain...

I'd also like to thank fifthwheel, who sent me photos per e-mail.

Steve, that fix with those channels welded on is really clean, congratulations! Thanks again for your great help, my best wishes to you and have a nice day

Paweł

• 8 years later...

Hey everyone 

New guy here. This is a follow up to Pawel's question about Mack Superliner I. Ok, if the I had three air tanks, two on the left and one on the right. How many did the Mack Superliner II have, where and which is which?

Ron G 

Edited by Ron G