1971 Mack DM800 with18 speed transmission

I like to thank you guys for your contribution on DM 800 I am proposing to acquire for the purpose of hauling sands. My special thanks to Paul Van Scott, I appreciate all contributors

Right now I like to get an assistance of guys here that are mach mechanic that lives around KY Hi Hat to assist in getting a second opinion on the same truck before I conclude on the negotiations.

I am hoping I can get someone that can assist for a token. kindly contact me on email with your details so that I can call you.

dele_uduma@yahoo.com

I like to thank you guys for your contribution on DM 800 I am proposing to acquire for the purpose of hauling sands. My special thanks to Paul Van Scott, I appreciate all contributors

Right now I like to get an assistance of guys here that are mach mechanic that lives around KY Hi Hat to assist in getting a second opinion on the same truck before I conclude on the negotiations.

I am hoping I can get someone that can assist for a token. kindly contact me on email with your details so that I can call you.

dele_uduma@yahoo.com

hey best of luck with all that...bob

Its just my own 2 cents, but here goes. The last dump truck I bought, an 80 R with 2 stick 6 speed has ruined me completely! The other one is a 9 speed, and I shove it off on other hands now. Im tired of shifting, just enjoy driving along and looking at scenery and drinking soda pops and etc. I know this is blasphemy, but dont even wanna drive and shift and hear "Killer" beller anymore, and struggle with his "power assist" steering and no air conditoner. There, I said it! I am gonna get me a trailer to pull with air conditoned dump truck with one handed power steering and stereo and quiet muffler and plenty o power without all that dam shifting! Sorry fellow Mack nuts, am getting old and tired and senile. randyp

Starting to sound like me and my B. After 10 yrs of getting beat to death for hours on end trying to get to/from a race. I sure do miss my old F350 with cruise/tilt/AC. OH, and HORSEPOWER!!! I like the old truck, but it is getting to me. Not so bad if you can get on a nice level highway and just cruise it up to 70 and go. Back roads really suck.

That 250 in your DM will move it around by itself pretty well. Put 20 ton of junk in the back and you'll see how gutless it is. It will get the job done, but not in any kind of hurry. I wish my truck had a 250, as I'm not heavy enough to worry. The 180hp gets mine around, but another 60 hp will be welcomed with open arms!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yes, 10-4 on all that Larry. Im like you, I like the ole B, but it is a workout driving it, then when I get dozer or excavator where its going, im done too tired or hot to do anything else that day. I usually just go home and start the next day. I guess im just getting too dern old. randyp

That 250 in your DM will move it around by itself pretty well. Put 20 ton of junk in the back and you'll see how gutless it is. It will get the job done, but not in any kind of hurry. I wish my truck had a 250, as I'm not heavy enough to worry. The 180hp gets mine around, but another 60 hp will be welcomed with open arms!

then you'll be trying to shoehorn in a 300 and a different trans, Then looking at a 350. lol start getting higher power you want more and more and more.

• Like 1

I still require assistance, no response yet

"I like to thank you guys for your contribution on DM 800 I am proposing to acquire for the purpose of hauling sands. My special thanks to Paul Van Scott, I appreciate all contributors

dele_uduma@yahoo.com"