Trouble viewing the site with IE8

Green Dash

I use IE 8 with Vista Home with no problems on my laptop. My desktop uses IE 8 with XP and no problems. Have you kept updates current? IE 9 is out now so there may not be updates anymore.

I'm on a different laptop than I normally use. This one has not been used for access to internet for at least a few months and when I tried to run updates, I get an error message. I'll have to take care of that issue and hopefully the rest will fall into place.

Thanks.

Everyone - it is time to implement plan 64, I repeat ,implement plan 64. Jim has stumbled onto our plan to steal his identity.

63 attempts to date? All you had to do was ask and I would've handed over my identity. It comes complete with instructions on how to contact me when it's time for you to beg me to take it back.

Jim

I stayed with IE for a long time, but now I go with Mozilla Firefox to get on BMT- everything just works better, faster too. I don't know what happened to IE, but it has issues that Firefox doesn't.

The kids like Firefox and insist it's better, I was just comfortable with IE having used it for so many years. I may have to give it a try. I'm not liking this Chrome, it's too hard to find stuff.

Jim

The kids like Firefox and insist it's better, I was just comfortable with IE having used it for so many years. I may have to give it a try. I'm not liking this Chrome, it's too hard to find stuff.

The only thing I don't like about firefox is that I have to sign in every time, even when I check the "keep me signed in" box, but that's no big thing.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Click on File or Tools (depending on your view) click on Internet options. Click on the Advanced tab at the top. Click on Restore advanced settings then click Aply. Click on Reset... Click Delete personal settings and then click Reset. Click Apply. Click OK. Retart IE8. Let me know if this works or not. Thank you.

Click on File or Tools (depending on your view) click on Internet options. Click on the Advanced tab at the top. Click on Restore advanced settings then click Aply. Click on Reset... Click Delete personal settings and then click Reset. Click Apply. Click OK. Retart IE8. Let me know if this works or not. Thank you.

Also, try clicking the compatibility button.

Tried both, no luck. I'm in the process of getting all my computers updated, which is why I'm currently using this one. It's next to get looked at. I take them to guy that fixes computers as a hobby and charges next to nothing. I've had some strange issues over the years and haven't been able to stump him yet.

I probably should have posted this earlier, but here's the error message:

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

Line: 0

Char: 0

Code: 0

URI: http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/

Jim

Tried both, no luck. I'm in the process of getting all my computers updated, which is why I'm currently using this one. It's next to get looked at. I take them to guy that fixes computers as a hobby and charges next to nothing. I've had some strange issues over the years and haven't been able to stump him yet.

I probably should have posted this earlier, but here's the error message:

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

Line: 0

Char: 0

Code: 0

URI: http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/

I'm just guessing, but i'd say the parser owes $927,917 in back child support.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1. In internet explorer window click on Tools.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. On the Security tab, select the zone the site loads under.
  4. Click on Custom level bottom.

1. Scroll down to the Scripting section, and set the Active Scripting to Disabled - prevents scripts or to Prompt - prompts user to run or not to run scripts.
  2. Click OK.

I

Edited by Sk00t3r

1. In internet explorer window click on Tools.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. On the Security tab, select the zone the site loads under.
  4. Click on Custom level bottom.

1. Scroll down to the Scripting section, and set the Active Scripting to Disabled - prevents scripts or to Prompt - prompts user to run or not to run scripts.
  2. Click OK.

I

I just got my original laptop back and will be sending the problem one out. I'll try that for the heck of it and let you know how it worked, Thanks.

Jim