Robs' new waterwagon...

Is it a 700 series? Nose from the one photo looks short. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Is it a 700 series? Nose from the one photo looks short. Paul

It is a 1973 RL797LST with a ENDT866, (375hp) V8 and ten speed, (direct) Mack trans with Mack 4.17 rears.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It is a 1973 RL797LST with a ENDT866, (375hp) V8 and ten speed, (direct) Mack trans with Mack 4.17 rears.

Rob

Awesome V8 machine,

What's the L model cab on the front of the trailer?

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Awesome V8 machine,

What's the L model cab on the front of the trailer?

Vlad

That cab is for another participant on the board. It isn't for me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Someone must've hit it big in Vegas to afford cab fare back to CT.

The RL looks great. It must be quite comforting for Roy's family to know that it will continue to be well cared for and will probably outlast it's new owner, especially if he doesn't straighten up and quit buying stuff.

Jim

re in Nsome pics, the taxi's from CT. passed me 2x yes we are in NV

Wilbur Ray - I hired the taxi to run interference for you - Smokey and the Bandit type thing. It is full of out of date Budweiser, untaxed cigarettes, and illegal immigrants we are hauling back east to help offset some of the cost. You can thank me some other time.

I bet you are geting some long glances with your good looking truck hauling another good looking truck!

sure is takin ol Ray a LONG time to get there..................................... he musta had 8.56 rears in that superliner Rob...

Dropped off Monday evening. Haven't had time to do anything with it but it fired right up with fresh batteries and I drove it off the trailer. I then drove back up north.

Ray did have minor mechanical problems on the road outside of your hometown but was able to make an emergency repair.

I'll give you an update and schedule planning by the end of the week. Still buried in the basement but the job is going to be contracted for finish as it is beyond "in house" capacity.

Rob

Rob

wow! that thing ought to out pull any truck on the highway. A V8 Mack,325hp, with the fuel turned up just a tad, will leave a 400 Cummins in a cloud of dust...it's true! That 375 hp V8 would probably have blown that old Peterbilt with the 550 Cat's doors off going up Sandstone, hauling 44,000 gallons of pool water.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

wow! that thing ought to out pull any truck on the highway. A V8 Mack,325hp, with the fuel turned up just a tad, will leave a 400 Cummins in a cloud of dust...it's true! That 375 hp V8 would probably have blown that old Peterbilt with the 550 Cat's doors off going up Sandstone, hauling 44,000 gallons of pool water.

Those 325's do run well. The one in my Project R-12 truck has the fuel turned up and it's pulls strong. I don't know about outpulling a 550 Cat but the 866 engines are also very strong.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...