Robs' new waterwagon...

Well, its on its way. It will need new batteries. We charged with two trucks, and almost got it. Then we filled the air tanks from Rays' superliner, then pulled it toward the hill. Ray got outta the way, Bruce coasted it, then dumped the clutch. It hummed for a bit, then caught hold the last 5' before the flat, and started. Bruce proudly drove it out to Rays' dropdeck, and backed it on. Below is a pick of it loaded, and Roys kids and grandkids as they watched it go. They were glad it wasnt gettin melted, but were sad to see his history go..

post-9818-0-19021800-1342304862_thumb.jp

Tell the family I said hello, and thanks.

Also tell them I name all my trucks and have cristened this one "Roy".

It is going to a good home.

Thanks for all the help.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This kinda fell into place without effort. Thought I had updated everybody about it. I'm tied up in Chicago refitting a chiller and going to

Oooooo I'm horny....a Hayward R-Model!!!! Nice!!!!!!!

It joins the other three around here. Two more brought this way and all is good.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like rob going out there to drive it back is out of the question. Glad you got it moved.

I can't get broke free from work long enough to plan out a long distance trip, and make it happen. Was planning to fly out and drive back then a 35 ton "chiller" ruptured it's side flooding a building up north. I got called into that mess and we are replacing the complete unit with a dual 50 ton unit to allow for future expansion. This hauling just happened to fall into place at the right time so just "get it done".

Rob

Which truck is going outside in the rain,snow and sun?

mike

I have a 50X100 addition for the shop I never erected with the main building. It might need to go up.

Rob

That looks real nice and with a sleeper too. Good luck with it and post up pics when its home. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks like a round trip airfare is gonna be a good way for me to go. I can't say when I'm going to get away but do you think a weekend is long enough to get things catagorized? I know there is a lot to go through.

Has Ray departed yet?

Rob

That looks real nice and with a sleeper too. Good luck with it and post up pics when its home. Paul

Paul,

I was just thinking about Rob and his real need for that sleeper and more so now. If you look out this week toward the west, you may see the largest fireworks show man has ever seen. Even as far as your state.

mike

I bet that this water truck will be seen every saturday night at the local Dirt Track in Farmington.

mike

Just got home from the races , I placed 2nd in the b main and 7th in the feature in ump modifieds... It was our first night out this year... Not to bad , anyway the water truck........ That thing would look great out here at clay county speedway ...

Well, its on its way. It will need new batteries. We charged with two trucks, and almost got it. Then we filled the air tanks from Rays' superliner, then pulled it toward the hill. Ray got outta the way, Bruce coasted it, then dumped the clutch. It hummed for a bit, then caught hold the last 5' before the flat, and started. Bruce proudly drove it out to Rays' dropdeck, and backed it on. Below is a pick of it loaded, and Roys kids and grandkids as they watched it go. They were glad it wasnt gettin melted, but were sad to see his history go..

...and the project supervisor, with the blue hard hat, stands on the back of the trailer to instruct the workers in proper loading and tie down procedures.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

...and the project supervisor, with the blue hard hat, stands on the back of the trailer to instruct the workers in proper loading and tie down procedures.

It's great to find younger kids that want to work. That was "grandpa's" truck and a piece of family history departing.

RIP Roy.

Rob

I've never seen a water tanker with a sleeper before- whats the history of the truck, what was it used for??? Was it perhaps one of those privately-owned/contract water tanker fire trucks used on wildfires out west????????

My understanding is the sleeper was for storage of the water hoses. It is a Kenworth sleeper so it can prolly remain. The tank slides off and a log bunk can be slid onto the frame. It was built for fire suppression, and dust control, but not really put to use. It is complete, setup, and ready to work but has been setting four years so may require some minor maintenance. All was drained of liquids so nothing should be frozen and busted.

I plan to use it for much the same reasons it was built for although probably won't get involved with the fire dept's around this area.

This is the truck I'm hoping to install that Neway air ride under so we'll see.

Rob

Rob - you plan on driving it to Gerhart's in October?

Most likely if I can get it all checked out for the trip. I plan to be there regardless; probably with something in the form of a truck.

Rob