Gerhart's Mack Days 2012- October 5,6

• 2 weeks later...

Dave and Doug,

I don't remember (old age - my excuse)...What is the schedule (and times) for Friday afternoon/evening? Can I register on Friday? I am planning to be in the area around noon on Friday. I am staying at the Rodeway Inn in Akron.

Anyone up for breakfast at Lititz Family Cupboard (close to Gerhart's) on Saturday morning (around 6:30a)?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

As far as I know you can show up anytime on Friday. The Mack Brothers Clam Bake Re-enactment will be held on Friday evening at roughly 6:00. I say roughly as if we get a good start the food may be ready a little early, but if we get delayed it may be a little later. I have plans in the works, several things have already come together. I need to get with Roger, John and Dave to discuss several other things.

By the way, Dave, the special feature we discussed is running and could almost be picked up any time. I think it may have to be adjusted for size and weight to become a suitable load.

Please make plans to attend Mack Days, it is certainly a "do not miss" event for any Mack enthusiast. I think everyone should come out, even owners of other trucks. It is always nice to compare the "Greatest name in trucks" with what the other manufactures define as a truck.

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna sashay my fat ass over there again this year. Done been screwed out of the other truck shows I wanted to attend and hopefully my plans don't fall through on this one........

Planning to arrive on Friday morning by driving Thursday night. I know when you all see me, you'll scatter!!

Rob

Not me im going down Friday, (scatter that is) well thats my plans as of right now. I guess the show is all day Friday???

I hope to meet up with a few of you.

Busy on Sat. a auction to attend. (one of those that you cant miss, once in a life time type thing)

Not me im going down Friday, (scatter that is) well thats my plans as of right now. I guess the show is all day Friday???

I hope to meet up with a few of you.

Busy on Sat. a auction to attend. (one of those that you cant miss, once in a life time type thing)

There will be a few trucks there on Friday but the BIG day is Saturday. Friday is set-up and the Mack Bros. clambake Friday night. I plan to get there mid-afternoon on Friday.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 weeks later...

We had a meeting last week with the powers-that-be, things seem to be figured out. There are a few special treats for all of us to enjoy. I went to the store tonight and bought water, ordered the roast beef and will be working on getting the rest of the stuff ordered for the Mack Brothers Clam Bake Re-enactment.

It should kick off about 5:00pm on Friday.

The cost of the spread is covered by your donations. All we ask is that you contribute what you would if you would have gone out to eat and were able to enjoy a high quality buffet like we offer. Remember, we are just antique truck fans keeping history alive for all of us. The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of the ATCA hosts the clam bake, but the up front costs comes out of just a few pockets. Consider this when you are perusing the door prize table, listening to the band or munching on some shrimp.

Hope to see you there.

Just a couple reminders about the Gerhart show:

The Friday evening cookout / clambake is sponsored by members of the local chapter of ATCA, and it is paid for by donations from attendees, and all are welcomed, and second, the host, Mr Gerhart asked that please, no alchoholic beverages on the property.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I dropped the envelope for Vinny in the mail. Thanks though!

Friday's weather does look great and depending on which station you look at, Saturday doesn't look too bad. I am watching the station that calls for late day rain into Sunday.