06 CHN613 Fuel line question

Hi All

I have a 06 CHN613 that has a leaking exhaust manifold gasket. There is a sticker on the air intake line that says you have to be certified by the North American Institute to work on the injector lines and if they are removed they must be replaced. Anyone ever had any experience with this? I have to remove the injector lines to replace the manifold gaskets but I see no reason to have to replace all of the injector lines. The truck has the 460 engine in it.

Edited by Dieselfixer

I almost hate to even comment because it is dangerous. Mack says you must install a new one if you take one off. I changed a injector on mine myself, the flares looked good (not cracked) and reused the fuel line. I'm not sure about the torque on the nuts, I just went tight enough that I thought it would not leak but not so tight as to split the flare. I don't know which section of the manifold your working on but you may be able to change the gasket without taking the fuel lines off probably not. If you decide to reuse the line(s) make sure to check very carefully and very often at first for leaks, because as you can imagine, if fuel is spraying on a hot manifold it could turn very bad very fast. Good Luck

Not recomended to reuse the lines but I have before.

Its a more then $400 for a new set.

For an ASET series engine (2002-2007) Torque is 35lb ft at the head side and 25 lb ft at the EUP side of the lines.

Keep an eye on them. If they become leakers it won't take long.