E6 350 4v Short On Power, Worse Than Ever, Gutless!

Well Bull Im still tinkering but here is an update.... The valve adjustment made no "seat of the pants" power increase but the motor sure is quieter.... Your "gov adj" did nothing for power either and EGT's did not move (5 turns out).... That said I think with moving my rack stop all the way forward and dropping my "ramp" all the way down I was already at full forward rack travel so the Gov screw had no effect ? Let me know what you think on that subject ! Warpman89, If I take my pump apart again I will take pics and post them for you, the directions Bullhusk and I gave are pretty good (I think lol) when you start taking stuff apart it becomes pretty self explanitory.... If you get into it and still have questions I will be more than happy to help best I can ! :SMOKIE-LFT:

Thanks for the help on my pump... last week i moved the rack forward and lowered the ram made little change to the power i also did not notice any change in the smoke, so this weekend i turned the screw out or counter clock wise and now i have lots of black smoke havent been on a hard pull yet but im sure it is going to be a lot better on the hills... i have also installed a boost gauge and it runs up to around 30 when i lug the motor down...i have also noticed that it seems to start easier and runs a little quiter and smoother.... Thanks for all of your help guys

Dragon

Fast,

The top rack being open all the way will only give give you as much fuel that the Gov.(bottom screw) will allow. With that being said I don't understand why your truck does't smoke or have power after opening the pump, seems like a fuel problem ? So I'm just shootin from the hip now. Ernie

• 5 years later...

Have an issue with idle! Starts perfect, accelerates well, but after a few hours of haulin' the fuel flow feels erratic. Idle seems higher and often gets more blow by from the breather tube. Oil also drips but seems like a mixture of oil and fuel. Any feedback? Replaced puff limiter on intake and on the pump, new fuel lines, and filters. Don't get  any smoke out of exhaust.  

You should be makin 30 pounds easy with all the tweaks you've done If the puff limiter slave  piston is still in the hole remove it and put a temporary cork in the hole and go for a drive Something is holding out on you here!  Make sure the throttle lever is going full on and the stop full off ,Also you need to be making at least 20 plus pounds of fuel pressure UNDER LOAD to get the best bang for your money.

One Thing to note If you juice a 350 to hard you can break the block At number 4 main cap!  They don.t have butrus screws like the  E7!

Edited by fjh

Yes I do get good boost now. Before I replaced the puff limiters I was  getting  loss of power on top end when driving on highway. After the fix with proper amount of shims and proper amount of linkage travel it's driving great. Just having an issue with blow by and less boost on take off until fuel is opened up when the rack allows it to do so. 

K  Soo      blowby is a wear / age issue issue Unless you plan on throwing a big bag of money at it,  if it runs drive it and  make money be happy!The turbo its self can cause bloby 

how ever it usually appears under hard pull conditions when the boost is high .