Pretty sure since its a B42 series it would be gas. B422's or kind of rare. Only made from 1960 to 1965, with only 923 made. If you have the oprotunity to buy one I would buy it.

the B422 had the 431 0r 454 OHV engine.Not the flat head.

Much more power than a B42?How bad would a six wheeler be on gas just cruising around?

I talked to a guy with a B70/707 and it gets 2 mpg!Just wondering if this would be a bit better?

I talked to a guy with a B70/707 and it gets 2 mpg!Just wondering if this would be a bit better?

2? Holy crap.

My father's B85 with a 707 gets about 4, but it is just a tractor. He also has a B422, but it is not road worthy. It would do better than the 707, but not great. Buy it just for fun.

Mike

township up here in upstate Ny use to have two B422 single axle plow trucks. dont know where the other went but my friend bought the one for parts, had a brand new engine it it.was rotted bad from plowin and spreadin salt all its life. he wouldnt sell it. then one day seen the remains in the junkyard with the engine intact. we went down and bought the double over drive baby quad 18 speed out of it and the rear end. lookin back wish she bought thr whole frame . all the sheetmetal was gone off it by then. was an odd truck. had no front brakes on it and had aluminum front spoke hubs with chrome mack caps. only aluminum front spokes i have ever seen.