U-model front springs

72U685ST

My U685 leans to the driver side if you look at it from the front, its not the cab mounts cause those have been replaced, it looks to be the leaf springs, cause its not just the cab thats leaning its the hood and bumper too which leads me to believe its a spring issue. should i look into replacing the front springs? or possibly beefing up the driver side leafs? also is this a common problem with U's and DM's that have the offset cab

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

OK LET ME JUST SAY, NO FLIPPING U MODEL FLIPPING OVER JOKES, THIS IS A SERIOUS TOPIC GUYS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR MATURITY. I dont know Eric, it might be the leafs. But I think it might have been common. My U model leans somewhat. Heres a link to the picture-http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9421-found-some-blue-paint/ Heres an old picture, look at my hood and my bumper. Mine is leaning to the left too Eric.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Vinny your giant bold letters scared me when i scrolled down, and yeah i smell what your stepping in but i think mine leans more than yours

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Thats what i thought, just wanted a second opinion. theres a spring shop right in town i'll bring the truck there in the next week or so.

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Our 93 DM690SX leans to the driver's side as well, I was told it's because in it's former life it was a truck for riding alongside the pavement grindings conveyor and that's why it leans so hard but maybe it's just a DM thing, would make sense after almost 20 years with the cab being offset. Ours has 58K rears so the grindings conveyor argument is hard to stomach, esp. since the lean is WAY more pronounce in the cab not the rear frame rails. And yes we replaced our cab mounts a year and a half ago with no change. And they DEF needed to be replaced!

Makes sense, and te previous owner told me he bobtailed the truck thru some pretty rough country and it took a beating so bad he had to replace te entire cab so that might be part of the reason.

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

As the cab itself is heavier to the drivers side, just because of design.

This over time, even with normal driving , would weaken the left springs slightly day by day.

THATS WHY VINNIE NEEDS TO FIND A BIGGUN

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

well all i got is a little skinng girl to ride shotgun so i guess i just gotta findmore of em. they can all hang out on my porch of a passenger fuel tank

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

OMG! Like wow! He like, admits it finally. LOL! OMG!

Vinny - you are right, it is fun to type like a girl!

You boys are crossing the lines......and I never said it was fun typing like a girl.........But heres why she might be leaning. Maybe someone replaced the passenger side springs so they are more stiff than the other side. Im smart. :notworthy:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You raise a valid theory vinny but i like my solution better lol.

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

oh man now im on the 2nd page my little arrows have no purpose now

• Like 1

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|