Connecticut Construction Trucks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, my small addition to the thread. Spotted this Granite in November 2018 not far from Bethlehem CT. Not ready to name the company, the guys provided pavement works. Sure not a state of the art picture but at least it's not Volvo or Pete.

IMG_20181120_154842.1.jpg

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

55 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

A Gateway tri axle Mack Granite passed me on 95. Used to be all Pete fleet.

Those 3 doses not make up the loss . USPS switch to Petes along with many others .

Edited by blackdog2

Ed

IIRC USPS is replacing straight trucks- the Navistar conventionals and the few Cargo cabovers bought back around '04 with new Pete conventionals and cabovers. The horde of '06 Mack tractors are still around, though USPS has been leasing some new trucks from Ryder to run in areas of California where emissions regulations are pushing the old Macks aside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/13/2013 at 5:04 PM, BKrois said:

I heard a rumor hes selling everything? Haven't seen the trucks since he hauled on the I-95 job in bridgeport probably 10 years ago.

just found this forum  can almost be brought  to tears.   at 68 years of age , looking at the pictures and reading the notes endless memories came back. I worked at Mack truck in Waterbury.CT from march 1969 t0 june 1975.

I am honored to know Mr Dom Moffo:: worked on his truck, Gasperri, O&G , and many others.  talked with Dom jr this past summer. Dom sr is doing as well as could be expected at 90 +. even the pool water business is gone. I delivered many of O&G "s new triaxles.

I brought in the first DMM quad chassis from Albany mack  to CT as a demo.  those are days gone .  my grandson drives   a fancy KW triaxle ; I tell him he has no idea of the fun behind the wheel of a B-81 or DM 800 with a quadbox. i'm glad to see so many people keeping  this part of history alive.   Thanks for the memories

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

just found this forum  can almost be brought  to tears.   at 68 years of age , looking at the pictures and reading the notes endless memories came back. I worked at Mack truck in Waterbury.CT from march 1969 t0 june 1975.

I am honored to know Mr Dom Moffo:: worked on his truck, Gasperri, O&G , and many others.  talked with Dom jr this past summer. Dom sr is doing as well as could be expected at 90 +. even the pool water business is gone. I delivered many of O&G "s new triaxles.

I brought in the first DMM quad chassis from Albany mack  to CT as a demo.  those are days gone .  my grandson drives   a fancy KW triaxle ; I tell him he has no idea of the fun behind the wheel of a B-81 or DM 800 with a quadbox. i'm glad to see so many people keeping  this part of history alive.   Thanks for the memories

My father bought several trucks from Swersky back in the day me my self dealt with WTBY Mack in the 70s-80s-90s some of the parts guys are in Hartford Gabrelli Dave and Donny & Chip but cant buy there they are wack out on there price  I have 14 different types  R- RD DM-600 DM-800 U-600 soft & hard nose from 34-k to 80-k rears  I work for Gulf oil Cumberland Farms Hallamore motor trans   I know all the guys with Macks  Johnny Dump truck  Jim Pepe both Moffos  JR is on Facebook .

• Like 1

Ed