Connecticut Construction Trucks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Sessa DM can really rap with the maxidyne. Great tunes. Also Blue Slope Farms trucking which usually has Blue Macks apparantly has a new T800 KW red in color. Saw it twice on Rt 16. Hope it is just a temporary abberation. If you go on their website

they show a blue Mack Junior pick up. :bulldog3: I think they may have some binders also.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is Copar done ??? I see Armetta the backer was forced to bankrupt by the state court had a big auction on Friday all crushers loaders and support equipment gone did any one go to Petrosky auction !!!! in Franklin ct .

Yeah they're done. my friend has about 8 of the Granite dump trucks, the tri-axle tractor was for sale at a dealer in Mass

I live a couple miles away from the old Copar pit they were using in Bradford, RI, and for a while, I got to see the Granites hauling in and out of there almost daily.

Made me want to quit my job and see if I could get a gig driving one. They are/were very nice looking rigs......

Saw one up close and personal a couple of years ago. Didn't have camelbacks

Does the camelback make a big difference?

I do recall that when one of those trucks, carrying a full load of crushed stone, would go around a corner (90 deg), they DID seem to lean a bit more that I think I might have been comfortable with if I was driving it....

I've heard the term before and have a vague idea of it, but how, exactly does the camelback differ from the normal suspension, which I assume is a combo of springs/air?

Camel backs spreads when leaning in a turn and it stays there air ride it changes and it squirrely & flimsily !!! if they knew how to build roads you can keep it in one lane. :notworthy: Pretty much all trucks that roll over have AIR RIDE & CB"s CELL PHONE:S TV screen:s & rocket scientist operating them :banana:

Ed

Camel backs spreads when leaning in a turn and it stays there air ride it changes and it squirrely & flimsily !!! if they knew how to build roads you can keep it in one lane. :notworthy: Pretty much all trucks that roll over have AIR RIDE & CB"s CELL PHONE:S TV screen:s & rocket scientist operating them :banana:

:-)