Connecticut Construction Trucks

Saw a sharp red CL dump on 95 yesterday. The funny thing about it was that it said Dattco on the door with Dattco mud flaps.

Is this the same as Dattco as the bus company. The logo looked the same. Also saw a new axle back Granite dump for Hanes.

Good to see they are buying Macks again. They used to have CL's and RD's before buying T800's. :)

Dattco Bus has their own construction division. Have a few Granite triaxles too
  • Like 1

Matt

Well made the trip today to Canterbury with Bill S and Dan M to visit Denis and his Wednesday "coffee club". Always a treat seeing these boys-talk about history! We then went over to Pat C's American Paving shop where he and his boys were working on a couple of AB projects before they get back out on the road putting new asphalt down.

A few pix- Denis and his latest addition-237 powered F, the "coffee club, Denis and Pat and Pat's boys at work.

post-1625-0-92725800-1427330911_thumb.jp

post-1625-0-94153100-1427330964_thumb.jp

post-1625-0-53398000-1427330995_thumb.jp

post-1625-0-88693600-1427331026_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Well made the trip today to Canterbury with Bill S and Dan M to visit Denis and his Wednesday "coffee club". Always a treat seeing these boys-talk about history! We then went over to Pat C's American Paving shop where he and his boys were working on a couple of AB projects before they get back out on the road putting new asphalt down.

A few pix- Denis and his latest addition-237 powered F, the "coffee club, Denis and Pat and Pat's boys at work.

Nice Meeting you guys today! It was a pleasure, come back soon, those trucks should be done in a few weeks!

We then went over to Pat C's American Paving shop where he and his boys were working on a couple of AB projects before they get back out on the road putting new asphalt down.

Patdbossct

The asphalt business should be good this year considering all of the frost heave damage.

On another note

I have been seeing a little more CWPM activity on 95. New KW's t800's (not bad looking). They still can't kill off there 2 old CH's I saw going down 95.(ex two tone green ones from another company I think) Also saw a CWPM black RD i have never seen before. They must be bringing out some old dogs. :bulldog3:

We then went over to Pat C's American Paving shop where he and his boys were working on a couple of AB projects before they get back out on the road putting new asphalt down.

Patdbossct

The asphalt business should be good this year considering all of the frost heave damage.

On another note

I have been seeing a little more CWPM activity on 95. New KW's t800's (not bad looking). They still can't kill off there 2 old CH's I saw going down 95.(ex two tone green ones from another company I think) Also saw a CWPM black RD i have never seen before. They must be bringing out some old dogs. :bulldog3:

Yeah James, the roads sure did take a beating this year, glad winter is finally over, if your ever in the area stop by !

came up to conn. for a auction on sat brought up some ab mack parts for pat nice shop and trucks he is working then went over to yaworskis yard look at some nice old trucks still had snow on the ground and cold need to get back to va. gas is 2.05 gal 65 degree

Gerry Thanks for the parts great guy sorry missed you today. Ill come see you down there though !

Edited by Patdbossct

:Saw my second Mack Titan in about five years on 95 It was a red tri axle pulling a tri axle lowboy. Didn't catch the name for sure. May bee Grasso? :blush:

It was Grasso. I think they may have been bringing an old trailer to Petrowsky Auction in North Franklin, saw it twice Thursday when i went to RI

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,

Tell the old man he should drill a well because your rates will be going up!

Should a bought stocks they are buying open land buy the thousand of acres. They bought the old C.W.Blakeslee building on Sargent drive next to where the New Haven Register use to be .

Ed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a construction truck but I saw something interesting on I95 this morning. A NEMF pinnacle with a short flatbed trailer. It was hauling another pinnacle and a Mack LJ single axle tractor in NEMF maroon and gray. I wonder if they have any B's kicking around.

I know they still have a few R's and U's. :twothumbsup: