Connecticut Construction Trucks

Hey saw an O&G foreman pick up truck surveying a road on LI about 30 minutes outside NYC today. I have never seen them down here working on any projects.

they did a big job at LAX airport in CA. Trying to be construction managers but they have been doing a lot of work in New York over the CT border. Gotta go where the work is I suppose.
  • Like 2

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, why is CT so freaking backwards when it comes to registering 10 wheelers vs. tri-axles? I've been doing a little research on it, and it looks like you can't register a 10 wheeler commercially and still haul anything in the body except feathers, leaves, and empty water bottles.

In order to carry anything of substance, CT forces you to go with a tri-axle. It just doesn't make sense.

Guys, why is CT so freaking backwards when it comes to registering 10 wheelers vs. tri-axles? I've been doing a little research on it, and it looks like you can't register a 10 wheeler commercially and still haul anything in the body except feathers, leaves, and empty water bottles.

In order to carry anything of substance, CT forces you to go with a tri-axle. It just doesn't make sense.

you're good for 55000 I think. So maybe legal for 10 ton if your lucky.
  • Like 1

Matt

Saw something interesting on 95 on Monday afternoon. 3 AP Marquardt Petes in a row with new lettering and numbering scheme. Looked like script lettering going up on an angle.

Have not seen the Macks yet. :blush:

Prospect of New England Ive seen other trucks painted other colors same name

Ed

Hauling fill off our job in Fairfield

darin1_zpsb4a8e06c.jpg

darin_zps87acc1c2.jpg

Pretty sure its the same one, but there is a truck thats on both Craigs List and Truck Paper that looks exact to this one for sale. Has 427 Mack Motor, Allison Auto, 348K miles, asking $78K. Doesn't sound like a terrible deal.

Pretty sure its the same one, but there is a truck thats on both Craigs List and Truck Paper that looks exact to this one for sale. Has 427 Mack Motor, Allison Auto, 348K miles, asking $78K. Doesn't sound like a terrible deal.

Same trucks, he sold one Mack and a KW to a truck dealer in North Branford area and they're relisted on Craigslist for sale

• Like 1