Connecticut Construction Trucks

I believe suzio still runs R Model tractors with dump trailers (maybe 3 or 4). After retiring their DM 800's (#45) they bought a few pete tri axle dumps. I believe there newest tri axles are KW.

:twothumbsup:

Suzio only had two R- Models. The trailer that's hooked to that tractor in the pic weren't normally paired together. The other trailer next to it was its mate. The trailer hooked to the R- Model was the first aluminum tub they bought and was pulled by a DM. All the Pete's are pretty much gone with the exception of the one that empties the asphalt plant at the end of the day. Those R- Models had 300' s and 5 speed transmissions. Not my favorite trannie by any means. You need a low hole in construction applications, especially when your driveway sits on top of a hill and and traffic is coming.

• Like 2

Mack and OshKosh enthusiest in central CT

I have seen the large radiators on a "regular" 6 cylinder B model a few times. Even seen one on a B67. Different looking, but it did happen.

Back in the glory days when a customer wanted something they could get it.

Jim

Thats true,Jim.I wasn't thinking about that.I have seen 'em on a B-67 :notworthy: ............Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I believe Mason Dixon had a bunch of big rad B-65's or 67's

Thats where I seen 'em! Thanks,James! Also a pair of green single axle B-67's at Macungie a few years back. I think Calvin Cochran (?) from Indiana had both of his B-61 sleeper cabs outfitted with different radiators.One had the larger alum tanked radiator & the other had the cast iron one,correct? :idunno:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thats where I seen 'em! Thanks,James! Also a pair of green single axle B-67's at Macungie a few years back. I think Calvin Cochran (?) from Indiana had both of his B-61 sleeper cabs outfitted with different radiators.One had the larger alum tanked radiator & the other had the cast iron one,correct? :idunno:

yep,Jerry Howard has the B75 radiator one and Iowa 80 has the one with the cast iron radiator

That almost looks like a B-615SX up front,but I don't see any V8 emblems.What else could it be? Anyway,cool picture!

post-146-0-84632300-1359686289_thumb.jpg post-146-0-09934700-1359686358_thumb.jpg

Taken in the early 80's , I tried to buy this truck, but waste company donated it to a local B 61, B 67? not sure of power , I think inline.

vocational school mechanics class, I am told it has been restored and may still be around.

Worcester MA 1980's

B615 SX, long wheelbase and the company built the roll-off hoist in the 60's and claim to be

the first one in Massachusetts.

FW

• Like 2

yep,Jerry Howard has the B75 radiator one and Iowa 80 has the one with the cast iron radiator

Thanks,Mike..........................Its all starting to come back to me now!