Connecticut Construction Trucks

Suzio doesn't like to get rid of anything. They actually cleaned up that boneyard a little this year . Just about anything that wasn't a Suzio truck went to another location of theirs . A few years back an import broker came by and wanted to buy most of those B- model's and DM' s, and he was told they weren't for sale . All of they're OshKosh mixers that they run everyday are all well over twenty years old. They have an excellent garage and body shop. Usually a truck will get totally rebuilt by them from the ground up at least twice in its lifetime. They expect to get at least twenty years out of any equipment they buy, but they also take very good care of they're stuff. Could be one of the reasons why they've been in business over 110 years.

Mack and OshKosh enthusiest in central CT

Suzio doesn't like to get rid of anything. They actually cleaned up that boneyard a little this year . Just about anything that wasn't a Suzio truck went to another location of theirs . A few years back an import broker came by and wanted to buy most of those B- model's and DM' s, and he was told they weren't for sale . All of they're OshKosh mixers that they run everyday are all well over twenty years old. They have an excellent garage and body shop. Usually a truck will get totally rebuilt by them from the ground up at least twice in its lifetime. They expect to get at least twenty years out of any equipment they buy, but they also take very good care of they're stuff. Could be one of the reasons why they've been in business over 110 years.

My Dad re-powered a bunch of the B-models back in the early 80s from 220s to 250s and the tri-axle B-81they have, he had to take the lift axle off to change the bell housing and the one they gave him came off one of the autocars which had the starter on the other side of the motor so he had to run new cables and the fact it had a 24volt system made it even better

• Like 1

Matt

My Dad re-powered a bunch of the B-models back in the early 80s from 220s to 250s and the tri-axle B-81they have, he had to take the lift axle off to change the bell housing and the one they gave him came off one of the autocars which had the starter on the other side of the motor so he had to run new cables and the fact it had a 24volt system made it even better

That 81 triaxel is sharp looking truck. It has a tub body on it. I guess they wanted to use it for hauling the puffy that's left over from the reclaimed concrete. I think it's the only B- model dump triaxel that they ran . All the others where dump trailers. The A- cars had a Sharp paint job on them. I'll post some pics.

Ex-Foxon concrete truck was originally wrecker then repowered in mid-70s with brand new 711 and they put a brand new 16ft aluminum dump on it for use going back and forth to Tilcon according to Angelo Frione we acquired the truck in the late 90s it is currently waiting for restoration

I remember seeing that truck as a little kid. My grandparents lived across the street from Tilcon. I remember Foxon used to park their trucks on Eastern St. in New Haven, across from Bella Vista now. Anyways, you can only imagine all the different trucks I saw going in and out of Tilcon, back then Tilcon was New Haven Trap Rock. Hi- Ho ran countless trucks everyday out of there as well as Len- Crete and Foxon. When you're a kid you think everything is going to be around forever, I wish I had pics of those days!

• Like 1

Ex-HiHo. My dad saw it hiding at Tilcon's plant in Newtown from the owner of Hi Ho D'Addario with a spun bearing in the motor. A month later it was painted and running got on the highway and realized it went slow! It only went 52mph. Ran it for a year and then changed ring and pinions in the rears and got it up to 65mph. Used it as a site truck later in Wallingford.

post-13537-0-30119500-1359251049_thumb.j

• Like 1

Matt

I work with a couple old Len-Crete guys, and they said that they're owner and D' Addario used to spec trucks together. They bought those quad- steers together. For whatever reason they used to call them gondolas. The first DM I drove was the same, down hill it did 55, but off the road it was an animal. It wrote the book on geared to the ground. Back in the early and mid eighties Hi- Ho was like O and G is now. They where everywhere. Back then Tilcon ran about 10 to 20 DM-800' s out of North Branford. For every Tilcon truck running out of North Branford I bet there where at least 3 Hi- Ho's. My favorite part of the summer as kid was the week I would spend in North Branford.

Ex-HiHo. My dad saw it hiding at Tilcon's plant in Newtown from the owner of Hi Ho D'Addario with a spun bearing in the motor. A month later it was painted and running got on the highway and realized it went slow! It only went 52mph. Ran it for a year and then changed ring and pinions in the rears and got it up to 65mph. Used it as a site truck later in Wallingford.

Im pretty sure that plant in Newtown was Hi- Ho's back in the day. O and G's asphalt plant in Milford was also Hi- Ho's.

The truck only hauled stone and then when they went out of business the guy who bought it was going to redo it and put a lift axle on it and go work for Tilcon but he never go that far and then we ended up with it so it probably hasn't been used in the last 20 yrs

I think Midway wound up with some old Foxon stuff as well, but they cleaned up that mess awhile ago. The old man used to have a thing for old fire trucks at that point in time.