Interchangeable Parts

DWaits

Can anyone here tell me if parts from other engines were interchangeable with the EN510 engines?

I am still searching for a water pump for my ENF510A and IF I knew that other engines used the same pump it would make life much better at the shop.

Thanks in advance.

David

1948 Mack Pumper

still looking for that?? :o  hasent it been a wile  sence you started looking? I asked a few friends first time I saw your post but with no luck I will keep asking around

October will be a year, I have sent the pump I have to Arthur Gould's rebuilders and they sent it back saying they could not rebuild it so, I am looking for another pump.

I have run into problems before with other trucks but none that have taken this long.

I am betting this pump was used on other engines, I did find that Mack made a few marine engines in the EN510 but later found that only six were made so that kinda rules that out.

David

1948 Mack Pumper

I've got 4 or 5 EN510's.I'm assuming they have the same waterpump as the firetruck version.

As far as I know they should be the same but, as John pointed out in his post that the ENF510 has a dual pully.

The numbers on the casting are:

T

771GB432A

1948 Mack Pumper

Can anyone here tell me if parts from other engines were interchangeable with the EN510 engines?

I am still searching for a water pump for my ENF510A and IF I knew that other engines used the same pump it would make life much better at the shop.

Thanks in advance.

David

there's a 510 posted in the classified section with a duplex for sale.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

there's a 510 posted in the classified section with a duplex for sale.

I saw that ad, it is in IL and I am in GA. By the time I got up there and back It would cost me another $500 for fuel with todays diesel prices!

That would give me a $1000.00 water pump, looks like I just need to keep looking for someone who can fix what I have.

Thanks

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Ok, fill us in.............What does your pump need??  Impellar? Shafts, welding?

Ok, the fellow I got the truck from did not know what the grease caps were for so he never turned them. the bearings in the pump went bad while he was in his house and the truck was outside running. the shaft wore into the housing and it needs to be rebored oversize and sleeved so a new bearing can be used.

There are not any automotive machine shops near where I live and the radiator shop that repairs water pumps says they do not have the equipment to repair it. I sent it out to Gould's repair shop in NY, they called me when they got it apart and said they could not fix it either but, a few of the guys on the ATHS site tell me that it should be repairable and that the shop I sent it to may not have wanted to put in the time to do it.

I have been looking for a replacment or repair for a year now, I really want this truck on the road!!!

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Breaking News!!!

We just hauled a truck in with a gasser...not sure of model or engine yet, but the water pump looks like yours! I can get a guy to pull it off by this weekend and get some numbers off of it. I will keep you posted...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Breaking News!!!

We just hauled a truck in with a gasser...not sure of model or engine yet, but the water pump looks like yours!  I can get a guy to pull it off by this weekend and get some numbers off of it.  I will keep you posted...

WOW, that would be great! I will keep my fingers crossed.

David

1948 Mack Pumper

If it's cast iron, then it CAN be welded.

I can't see why it could not be fixed, and not for hordes of money either. If it's not useable...then I'd like to take a look at it and maybe see if I can do something with it.

If Barry comes thru...that's great!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

If it's cast iron, then it CAN be welded.

I can't see why it could not be fixed, and not for hordes of money either. If it's not useable...then I'd like to take a look at it and maybe see if I can do something with it.

If Barry comes thru...that's great!

Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on that if what Barry has does not match up.

When I got the truck I knew the pump was bad so I thought "how hard could it be to get a new pump or have one fixed", I guess if it was just a regular E series Mack instead of a fire truck I might have better luck.

After one year of searching I have learned that old truck restoration is also kinda like being a detective, keep asking questions and follow all leads.

Again, thanks for the offer!

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Breaking News!!!

We just hauled a truck in with a gasser...not sure of model or engine yet, but the water pump looks like yours!  I can get a guy to pull it off by this weekend and get some numbers off of it.  I will keep you posted...

Barry,

Any luck getting the water pump off?

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Sorry David, our shop has been very busy...they haven't had time to take it off.  I will get on them to do it this weekend!  I'll be in touch...

No rush, I have been looking for a year so whats a few days!

Thanks for your time and help.

David

1948 Mack Pumper