WTF...am I ga-?..naw...

other dog

Gotta love XM! best thing i think i ever got as a gift, i'm not a "technology minded" person (far from it) but i sure like my XM radio!...........................Mark

I had XM in the Peterbilt, then added the "best of Sirious" package. The KW came with Sirious, just had to call and activate it, but I don't get all the channels I had on XM. I can't get "Coast to Coast AM" anymore, that's what I miss the most.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

And it will also provoke some of the wettest, sloppiest, nastiest kissing you'll ever see at a concert.

LMAO! aint that the truth! been there done that! i think between me& mrs Vision,we prolly seen the BOSS 25-30 times now!..............under the right circumstances,that song can make panties come off faster then you can say GO! LOL!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

LMAO! aint that the truth! been there done that! i think between me& mrs Vision,we prolly seen the BOSS 25-30 times now!..............under the right circumstances,that song can make panties come off faster then you can say GO! LOL!...........Mark

wait a minute here- on the other hand, I do love some Bruce Springsteen.

I had XM in the Peterbilt, then added the "best of Sirious" package. The KW came with Sirious, just had to call and activate it, but I don't get all the channels I had on XM. I can't get "Coast to Coast AM" anymore, that's what I miss the most.

George Noory is on one of the talk channels I programmed but have only listened to a few minutes at a time. is there a lot of UFO talk on there or is it just my timing?

Jim

GO!... hmm..guess she didn't hear me....GO!....she's already asleep.

Just twice for me and at least once for the Mrs. but not together.

• Like 1

Jim

George Noory is on one of the talk channels I programmed but have only listened to a few minutes at a time. is there a lot of UFO talk on there or is it just my timing?

yeah, lot of that, aliens, conspiracy theories, ghosts, paranormal stuff, politics. Lots of what most people would consider "kooks" on there, but it was very entertaining at night and it all made you think "well, what if it's true?" He had guests on that would spell out exactly why this country can not continue on it's present path, and it all made sense. I really liked it.

yeah, lot of that, aliens, conspiracy theories, ghosts, paranormal stuff, politics. Lots of what most people would consider "kooks" on there, but it was very entertaining at night and it all made you think "well, what if it's true?" He had guests on that would spell out exactly why this country can not continue on it's present path, and it all made sense. I really liked it.

Not what i would normally listen to but I'm always open something different. I imagine some of his callers might be a bit far out, but I'd like to hear what his guests have to say.

George sounds like he is easy to listen to, which is also important to me.

Jim

Not what i would normally listen to but I'm always open something different. I imagine some of his callers might be a bit far out, but I'd like to hear what his guests have to say.

George sounds like he is easy to listen to, which is also important to me.

He was, he was great. Even if a "kook" did call in he talked to them like they knew what they were talking about, and who knows- maybe they did.

I used to listen to Coast to Coast Am when I was hauling cattle late at night until I got a sirius radio with best of xm package. Never looked back since. Love listening to Howard in the mornings then mayber a little O&A, some Fox News then some Body of Evidence (real life homicide investigations) on HLN, and if I am still driving I tune in to some music channels like Lithium, 90's on 9, Octane, Coffee House, 40's on 4. If you cant tell I love the variety on satellite radio especially when you consider I literally have 1 radio station that tunes in really well, and the other two are AM stations out of Canada :thumbsdown:

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I used to listen to Coast to Coast Am when I was hauling cattle late at night until I got a sirius radio with best of xm package. Never looked back since. Love listening to Howard in the mornings then mayber a little O&A, some Fox News then some Body of Evidence (real life homicide investigations) on HLN, and if I am still driving I tune in to some music channels like Lithium, 90's on 9, Octane, Coffee House, 40's on 4. If you cant tell I love the variety on satellite radio especially when you consider I literally have 1 radio station that tunes in really well, and the other two are AM stations out of Canada :thumbsdown:

Any reception issues out your way? Mine drops out 4 or 5 times, mostly for a few seconds, on the first long pull of I-68 east of Morgantown,WV. After that it's fine throughout the constant ups and downs from there to Cumberland, MD. I'm using the little magnet mount antenna that came with the car kit.

Howard Stern isn't part of the Select (basic) package on XM. I'm not sure If I'll ever have a desire to upgrade to the next package, I'll have time to decide that while listening to the bazillion stations I already have.

Jim

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band!! Clarence Clemons, the greatest sax player ever, R.I.P.

bulldogboy

P.S. other dog Talking Heads were right up there on my list.

Hell yeah buddy. Just saw them in Buffalo a few weeks ago. Clarence's nephew Jake played sax and did a damn good job.

To answer Tom's question "Am I ga-?" well if you are buddy then so am I..uh ...but I'm not!

I"m confident enough with my sexuality to share this little tidbit with the group. While I am generally a Classic Rock and Oldies fan, my favorite song of all time is not what you would consider as being either one of those, although it did make it to #1 on the Pop charts in 1968 and when it played on XM the other night, it was not on the Easy Listening station, but on the 60's Pop station.

I've liked this song since the first time I heard it at age 6, playing on the mini-jukebox on the counter at the P&P Diner in Port Washington, L.I. Something about it makes everything seem right in the world when I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6cPXvTqasg]

Get the same memories over Sukiyaki

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Any reception issues out your way? Mine drops out 4 or 5 times, mostly for a few seconds, on the first long pull of I-68 east of Morgantown,WV. After that it's fine throughout the constant ups and downs from there to Cumberland, MD. I'm using the little magnet mount antenna that came with the car kit.

Howard Stern isn't part of the Select (basic) package on XM. I'm not sure If I'll ever have a desire to upgrade to the next package, I'll have time to decide that while listening to the bazillion stations I already have.

No drop out problems with Sirius but I drove another truck a couple times with xm and it dropped out fairly often like you said. I have a few buddies that have had the same experience with xm dropping out.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Another argyment... this is B.S. Jo was once again argying about my musical taste- I love "classic rock", much like Herb. I was telling her about how nobody today has real talent, plays an instrument, or does anything that's not electronically enhanced. There's nobody today that can play a keyboard like Keith Emerson, drums like Carl Palmer, or guitar like David Gilmour. Well, except Neal Peart , Eric Clapton, Billy Gibbons, and more that are still around.

But here's the playlist I was playing- some of the greatest songs ever...so I come here to vent...I'll name not all the artists, but everyboby knows them, right?

"Us and Them"- maybe the greatest song ever written, eh?

"Moving in Stereo"

"South City Midnight Lady"- maybe not the best Doobie Brothers song ever, but still a great one.

"Fanfare for the Common Man"

"From the Beginning"...love that song-maybe the greatest song ever written,eh?

"Comfortably Numb" -maybe the greatest song ever written.

"Time"-maybe the greatest song ever written.

"Silent Lucidity".

"Take me to the River"- (Talking Heads, better than Al Green's.)

"Someday".

"Run Like Hell"

"Watchya Gonna Do?"

"Ordinary World"

Steve Winwood- most anything.

And furthermore, Eagles, Earth,Wind,&Fire, CCR, the Stones, Yes, ZZ Top...absolutely no comparison to todays music-and she's older than i'm is and putting this music down...hmmmmph!

Your opinions, so I can rub it in her face...

your not alone,,,me and the old lady dont listen to the same stuff.lol.bob

No drop out problems with Sirius but I drove another truck a couple times with xm and it dropped out fairly often like you said. I have a few buddies that have had the same experience with xm dropping out.

The fella who let me use his for the night has Sirius and experiences problems in the same areas as I did. It's not nearly as mountainous or rural here so losing a signal won't be a major issue. I'd rather not buy a better antenna to install on the company truck, so I'll just take what the little magnetic mount has to offer.

Jim

The fella who let me use his for the night has Sirius and experiences problems in the same areas as I did. It's not nearly as mountainous or rural here so losing a signal won't be a major issue. I'd rather not buy a better antenna to install on the company truck, so I'll just take what the little magnetic mount has to offer.

Thats all I use is the little car kit magnet antenna. On one of the trucks I drive it has an aluminum cab so I used to put the antenna on the winshield wiper until I figured out that it worked just as well setting the antenna in the dash. May be Sirius doesnt drop out because I use it Big Sky country. :whistling:

Thats all I use is the little car kit magnet antenna. On one of the trucks I drive it has an aluminum cab so I used to put the antenna on the winshield wiper until I figured out that it worked just as well setting the antenna in the dash. May be Sirius doesnt drop out because I use it Big Sky country. :whistling:

I used the little magnet antenna that came with the xm, only place it would stick was on the spot mirror over the passenger window and it only cut out in a few spots. It always cut out at Eagle Rock, by the big rock cliff, and at Iron Gate when you go between the mountain and the river. When the antenna finally gave out I cashed in my fuel points at Truck World and got a mirror mount antenna with the big knob on the end. It was only a few dollars more than another magnet type, and it never cut out where the magnet one did.

The Sirious in the KW uses the antennas already on the truck, and when I put the xm in the pickup there was nowhere to mount the antenna so I had to buy another magnet type anyway. The antennas cost more than I paid for the radio in the first place.

OH! Sorry , forgot.....it's the other list. Ahhh lets see...... Flip Wilson, Jonathan Winters, Red Skelton, Three Stooges, Tim Conway, Harvey Corman, Carrol Burnett....just to name a few.

Don't let me have to come up there and separate you two from argueing. Don't you know all women are right about everything. Just say yes dearrrrr.

mike

Don't forget Spike Jones,Homer & Jethro,hudson & Landry,Gene Tracy,George Carlin....

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Don't forget Spike Jones,Homer & Jethro,hudson & Landry,Gene Tracy,George Carlin....

Yup, "Where Bambi goes, nuthin grows". and "I ain't even been out an hour". Gene Tracy's truckstop? I'm gonn have to did out the old 8 tracks again.......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.