WTF...am I ga-?..naw...

other dog

We used to wind up my Grandmothers Victrola and listen to all the oldies like Shaving cream and roll out the barrel. Then Mom and Dad's Blue Suede shoes and the martians are, Still around and peak a boo I'm watching you. Then it all went to hell when my Dad remarried and I found all the new mamas records like Black Sabbath war pigs and it made the hair one the back of my neck stand up. Blue Oyster Cult, Aerosmith The Scorpions and Van Halen and my most favorite Dude Uncle Ted Nugent.

Every sunday evening at my Bakas house was polka on Laurence Welk and than Mitch Miller.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My Grandma got my Mom and Dad's during the divorce, and wehn I lived with her in high school, I wore out "A night at the Opera" and "Toys in the attic"!!!

Think I still have those on vinyl.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mine are on 8 track player in the basement. Doors, Three Dog Night, Turtles, The Monkeys,The Zombies....list too long.

mike

The 8 track sounded a lot better than the cd they got now, i miss the steel guitars, banjos.

Gotta love XM! best thing i think i ever got as a gift, i'm not a "technology minded" person (far from it) but i sure like my XM radio!...........................Mark

I'm a newbie to XM. I didn't think I needed it until I used a different tractor one night. The day driver was telling me where he stashed the antenna plug and I told him I wouldn't need it, I'm a CD and FM'er. He insisted I give it a try and left his in for me and OMG, WTF, and LOL, I was hooked. I jumped in with both feet and went for the "Edge" radio. I can Pause, Rewind, and Fast Forward within a rolling 30 minute window, I have arrived.

Jim

To answer Tom's question "Am I ga-?" well if you are buddy then so am I..uh ...but I'm not!

I"m confident enough with my sexuality to share this little tidbit with the group. While I am generally a Classic Rock and Oldies fan, my favorite song of all time is not what you would consider as being either one of those, although it did make it to #1 on the Pop charts in 1968 and when it played on XM the other night, it was not on the Easy Listening station, but on the 60's Pop station.

I've liked this song since the first time I heard it at age 6, playing on the mini-jukebox on the counter at the P&P Diner in Port Washington, L.I. Something about it makes everything seem right in the world when I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6cPXvTqasg]

Jim

I have forgotten how many copies of Deep Purple's "Made in Japan" album I have worn out.

I've been through the door a couple of times. Just wished it had been opened first........

Rob

She even hates "Smoke on the Water"...WTF?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Grandpa Jones, Marty Robbins, Merle Travis, Hank Thompson, Bob Wills & The Texas PlayBoys, Sons Of The Pioneers just to name a few. And my favorite girl was Patsy Cline.

Sorry your having so much trouble.

mike

I do like Bob Wills & The Texas Playboys version of San Antonio Rose.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

She even hates "Smoke on the Water"...WTF?

She hates EVERYTHING at my comfort level.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thank you- don't recall ever hearing either of these, but I liked 707.

707 wasn't around that long but they did get a couple on the charts. Them and a band called "Shooting Star" was always at odds in the courts if I remember correctly.

UFO was one of the great bands of the 70's. They just couldn't get along and the live album, (which is actual without overdubbing) was a great seller. It was also the last album Michael Schenker played with them. He was one of the founders.

Rob