Hey there, I was in a collision a few weeks ago in a snow storm on the Massachusetts Pike. I ended up with approximately $11,000.00 in body damage to my rig. My insurance company is giving me a tough time. They want 3 estimates. I'm having a hard time finding shops that will work on big rigs in my home state of Connecticut. They all say they don't work on big rigs. I might have to take it out of state if I can't find anyone local. Does anyone know of any body shops in southern New England that work on Mack Trucks?

That's not the way it works, If the rig is drivable, take it to the closest repair shop that you are comfortable with. It"s your truck, not the insurance company's. The insurance company can't say who has to fix it. Insurance company's have a pool of adjusters available, who can properly access the damage, and in agreement with the body shop, determine how a proper repair can be effected. Call your agent, and tell them where the truck is, and tell them to get busy. You might want to get in touch with Rob, who is also a member of this forum. He can give you the real skinny on dealing with this problem, Good luck, James

Hey there, I was in a collision a few weeks ago in a snow storm on the Massachusetts Pike. I ended up with approximately $11,000.00 in body damage to my rig. My insurance company is giving me a tough time. They want 3 estimates. I'm having a hard time finding shops that will work on big rigs in my home state of Connecticut. They all say they don't work on big rigs. I might have to take it out of state if I can't find anyone local. Does anyone know of any body shops in southern New England that work on Mack Trucks?

Renegade 123

I am in the Hartford, Ct. area. I have a local bodyshop, K & W Custom Auto. (860)282-2798. I presently have my Mack there. They are also woking on a Mack dump truck. These guys also work on Class A motorhomes. it is always a pain, dealing with Insurance companies. The three quote rule has been around for a long time and frankly I thought it had gone by the wayside. I am not surprised to see it again. These guys will try anything to "cow" you.

Good luck

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
That's not the way it works, If the rig is drivable, take it to the closest repair shop that you are comfortable with. It"s your truck, not the insurance company's. The insurance company can't say who has to fix it. Insurance company's have a pool of adjusters available, who can properly access the damage, and in agreement with the body shop, determine how a proper repair can be effected. Call your agent, and tell them where the truck is, and tell them to get busy. You might want to get in touch with Rob, who is also a member of this forum. He can give you the real skinny on dealing with this problem, Good luck, James

Yeah, it's a real bear dealing with the insurance company. Thanks!

where in southern Ct are you? you can bring it to Barnicks truck and equipment in North Haven, Ct they do great work and will do insurance repairs! the number is 203-239-7369

Yeah I'm in Branford. That's very close by. I'll check it out! Thanks! I appreciate it!

Renegade 123

I am in the Hartford, Ct. area. I have a local bodyshop, K & W Custom Auto. (860)282-2798. I presently have my Mack there. They are also woking on a Mack dump truck. These guys also work on Class A motorhomes. it is always a pain, dealing with Insurance companies. The three quote rule has been around for a long time and frankly I thought it had gone by the wayside. I am not surprised to see it again. These guys will try anything to "cow" you.

Good luck

Jim.

OK, I'll keep them in mind for a backup. I appreciate it! Thanks!