U model question

Back in the late 60's, A lot of the cement haulers like myself used the U's with the Mack V8 naturals, we had the exhaust unloaders back then and the V8 Macks and Cummins 903's would blow the loads off about 10 min. faster!

By the way we could not use the 318 Detroits with the turbo conveyors unloaders because of the back pressure, after about 5 minutes they would start blowing the oil out of the crankcase! Back in the day the U's with the V8's ...... Now that was the the cement haulers dream, and they lasted and took the pounding! untill they put turbos on them

BULLHUSK

Right after my first B model burnt,I answered an ad for a 1964 Mack,owner said it was green and had 2 shifters.Went to look and it was a U model.U609ST1007 or 17 if I remember right,been 27 years ago.Hindsight being 20/20,I should have bought it,as it was good shape,but that's another story.

oh,,,i believe ya,,,just never seen one,,,and no material on it......first one i ever saw,,was in 1967,,at my pops work,,they just bought it brand new,,,we all thought it was kinda cool but kinda wierd looking,,,back in those days,,everyone had to come on down to the yard,,and see the new truck,,,seems that dont happen much now,,,,ya baby come check out this century class freightliner,,,,(OH MY WOOHOO) lol.bob..
  • Like 2

I'm sure you're carefull for information, especially of U's.

I mean the number of the U that Superdog bought 27 years ago.

...But I'm a fool.

The number is ...1007 or ..1017, it's written owerhere.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012