What Year Was The E7 Introduced?

What year was the E7 introduced and what year did it get electronics? What was the difference between the E7 and E6?

Also what was the last year for the E9 here in the states?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The E7 came out around late 89, early 90 or so.

E6 =672 cu. in.

E7 = 728 cu. in.

They made the E7 both mechanical and electronic up til at least the mid 90's, then all electronic.

I'm not much into the V8's so not sure on the last E9.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

e-6 and e-7 share the same piston diameter

e-6 is a dry sleeve engine

e-7 is wet sleeved, has buttressed main bearing's (bolts come in from the sides in addition to bolted from the bottum, makes for a stronger bottum end, my local dealer told me an e-6 is reliable up to 350hp, and an e-7 goes well beyond that) also the e-7's stroke is 1/2 inch longer hence the additional cubic inch. also e-7 is all metric bolted.

e-6 is good for 15,000hrs while an e-7 is good for 30,000hrs (don't know if thats true or not) I run both in gruelling conditions, dirty, long oil change intervals, my e-7's start down to below zero conditions without the addition of "summer air", while my e-6's typically need some around 30 degrees.

Hello !!! I think the last year for the E9 was 1994 or 1995 I got one in my 95 CL but I put it in, :bmod2: it was a glider kit just majored it had 977,500 miles on it but once you got one there is no going back to the 6 cyl.

• 2 weeks later...