video

other dog

I drove this 1974 RS686LST of Vitalis' at :47 one time.Sweet old truck.almost bought it but couldn't come up with the extra cash at the time.Last I knew a former Vitalis driver had it.

pretty neat! Is that you standing by it?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I drove this 1974 RS686LST of Vitalis' at :47 one time.Sweet old truck.almost bought it but couldn't come up with the extra cash at the time.Last I knew a former Vitalis driver had it.

That is pretty neat. My Dad used to fuel at the Jersey Truck Center (Rube's) in Kearney, NJ and there was always a few Vitalis' laying over there. I remember mostly KW's.

Jim

That is pretty neat. My Dad used to fuel at the Jersey Truck Center (Rube's) in Kearney, NJ and there was always a few Vitalis' laying over there. I remember mostly KW's.

JTC? nows theres an "infamous" truckstop if ever there were one! LOL! more than one shady deal went down at that place! both legal and not so much! would'nt you say so Ernie?...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

JTC? nows theres an "infamous" truckstop if ever there were one! LOL! more than one shady deal went down at that place! both legal and not so much! would'nt you say so Ernie?...............................Mark

Yep, that's the place. It was a regular stop for the local cops, and not for the coffee.

Jim

Did any of you fine folks ever stop at Gaspers Truck Stop in Kingdom City, Missouri? That was a great place - we went there almost every sunday for dinner, there would be a line clear out the door and around the corner. Mrs. Gasper ran a tight ship in that place - great food, great service. Then Mrs. Gasper got old, Petro moved in across the way with a crappy buffet, and now they tore it down and built a damn Arby's in its place - yuck.

Did any of you fine folks ever stop at Gaspers Truck Stop in Kingdom City, Missouri? That was a great place - we went there almost every sunday for dinner, there would be a line clear out the door and around the corner. Mrs. Gasper ran a tight ship in that place - great food, great service. Then Mrs. Gasper got old, Petro moved in across the way with a crappy buffet, and now they tore it down and built a damn Arby's in its place - yuck.

I always kinda liked the breakfast buffet at Petro, but I seldom stop at any. I try to stay out of truckstops period,except for a few where I stop to fuel and shower.

I did go to some truckstop in Kingdom City before, but I don't remember the name. It wasn't one of the common big name stops like you see now. We used to deliver kyanite to a couple of places in Mexico,Mo. and used to have to go down rt. 54 to Kingdom City to some truckstop after we unloaded to trip lease loads coming back east.

Colonial Truck Stop-Danbury, CT

Never went there, but it was always crowded.

Probably stopped there. There was a truckstop just across the line a little ways after you came out of New York where I stopped some, don't know if that's the one. But like Mark said, truckstops are so few and far between in that part of the world they're all crowded.There was one just east of Hartford but you could never get in there. I'm glad I don't run that way any more. I'd do 3 trips a week from Lynchburg to Boston in the 80's. Unless you happened to get checked somewhere you didn't even try to log the second trip, just the first and last.

I'm pretty sure i was in there,right across from where the Petro is now? all sorts of old signs and doodads hanging on the walls? if its the place i remember they had a GREAT breakfast! i delivered a lot of fixtures,furniture etc. to the campus of the University of Missouri some years back,i was out there pretty regularly for a few months. One of those places that had a great supply of "old timey" candy too,much like a Cracker Barrel today...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Stopped at White's quite regular up until I changed jobs a month ago, just don't run down that way anymore. It is a PETRO now, and the company I was leased to got a decent fuel discount at T/A's and PETRO, so I continued to stop there after the change. IMHO still one of the better stops in the area, decent food, clean showers, and many of the same people working there. My only complaint might be the "new breed" of clientele that the big name fuel stops bring in.

Oh, well could be worse... at my new job the preferred fuel stop is PILOT grrrrrr.... I don't have much use for PILOT or the fast food they offer. Wait 10 minutes to get to the fuel pump, wait another 10 minutes in line for a fuel receipt and a cup of coffee and another 10 minutes for traffic to clear so you can exit the too small parking lot. Location doesn't matter, every PILOT seems to be the same.

Gregg

I started using Pilot/J's more since I leased on here. Get a better discount and I like how there point system is layed out and the ease of use. Vs how some of the other systems are layed out. Like the J use to be get coupons and you better spend almost the whole amount as you where not getting change. I usually park at the Wilco on the other side of the interstate from the old Whites. Bigger lot and Doing O.D. I want room to find a spot and not have to fight 5 drivers for the damn spot

I'm pretty sure I-78 in NJ had a Johnny's Truck stop. All I remember is that it was a "Mom-n-Pop" on the north side of the highway.

Yes there was,i've been in there several times but I haven't been in that part of the world for a while.