B model parts needed

thomastractorsvc

That's it Rob! Thanks man.

I was thinking that is who you meant and I've used them many times in the past. Good folks and will look to do you right.

www.restorationspecialties.com

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

When I read something like that, paranoia makes the hair on the back of neck stand up. I bet that truck was involved in a secret government program or sumpin.

I think Jason Bourne drove it.

Yea, it was. It hauled trailers full of $100 bills from the mint. The government signed a peace treaty with Sweden and that's why it has a Scania engine. Then, after Bonnie and Clide stole it, they needed to destroy the evidence, so they sold what parts they could and scrapped it. That's why we found it in the scrapyard.

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Yea, it was. It hauled trailers full of $100 bills from the mint. The government signed a peace treaty with Sweden and that's why it has a Scania engine. Then, after Bonnie and Clide stole it, they needed to destroy the evidence, so they sold what parts they could and scrapped it. That's why we found it in the scrapyard.

Ben

:twothumbsup::tease::SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-RT:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

My B-67 has TRD-67 trans in it with 673P. It wa a lighter duty trans set up I think for 60,000 GVW.Any higher GVW and I think Mack wanted the 72 Series trans. Joe D.

Joe, does that use an SAE #1, or #2 flywheel housing?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob not sure I will have to measure distance between bolts. Joe D.

Thanks Joe, a #1 housing will use 7/16ths thread bolts with a 5/8ths head, a #2 housing will use 3/8ths bolts with 9/16ths heads to hold the engine and trans together.

I've never seen an SAE #2 housing on a Mack diesel myself, or an SAE #1 housing on a gasoline engine.

Rob

Rob I am not sure on the numbers but when I went from a trd67 to a tr720 behind my 673p in my B-61 I had to change the engine bell housing to fit the tr720

All of the TR67 series transmissions I've been around use a #2 housing, and the TR72 series have been a #1 housing which is larger. You would need to change the flywheel housing also as the bolt patterns differ.

I have a chart I've posted before, I'll try to locate it again.

Rob

All of the TR67 series transmissions I've been around use a #2 housing, and the TR72 series have been a #1 housing which is larger. You would need to change the flywheel housing also as the bolt patterns differ.

I have a chart I've posted before, I'll try to locate it again.

Rob

Here it is:

SAE Flywheel Housings.pdf

Rob My B-67 with TRD-67 has a # 2 bellhousing.I have a tri-plex with # 1 bellhousing that i thought about putting in B-67. Joe D.

As Brian mentioned you will need to change the flywheel housing on the back of the engine to do that, and the transmission mounts will be different. A B67 flywheel housing and a clutch housing are probably specific to the series of the truck due to the engine leaning over to the right.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...