The Other Trucks I've Shot

coloradogreen

It sure is- I bet even Rob thinks so, though he might not admit it.

Boy, that would certainly look nice if it were either an "LF", or "LJ" front end. Lot of time and effort to build that which I admire of course, (no matter the brand).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Good lookin Pete, but they better hot wrench a hole in the fancy front bumper to slide in some tow hooks so they can pull it with a Mack wrecker ?

The more impressive thing about the truck's building is a lot of that rig was built by Robert Manley, himself, including the sleeper. It certainly was not a shop-built custom.

Funny the bumper is mentioned, as well. The photos we took next to the creek (where that rock is jutting out) required backing down over a fairly steep break-over, and bumper cleared it by less than a half-inch.

Troy.

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker!

creek2smallcroppedsigna.jpg

Photography is a Beautiful Thing...

Contributor - 10-4 Magazine

I'm Not Fearless, I'm Just Stupid.

Your background choices are good! They don't detract - they add to the photo

Thanks. Background/ setting has always been an important consideration for me. Some trucks its pretty easy to choose where to shoot them, such as Howard Elliot's trucks. The color went perfectly with Red Rocks Ampitheatre. Other trucks required a little more consideration, or simply experimenting to see what worked. We discussed probably 30 different locations for Spike's 379 before we went with the underpass (one of this locations for the shoot). The color of his truck was incredibly unusual to work with, as the light utterly changes the look of his truck. The "Lime Gold" will vary from a yellow-gold all the way to a near neon-green depending on the light.

I'd love to get out East and do some photography of older Mack's (R and B models) in and around the big cities. The main drag of old town Annapolis would do fantastic for a night shoot (non-flash, extended exposure) shoot of a B-model Mack.

Troy.

n

I was thinking single-action Ruger myself.........................Mark

hey mark, i was just at a pheasants forever bamquet and acquired the new ruger 'single ten'. its a single action 10 shot revolver.(22 cal is all) would have enough loaded to get us started. aj

n hey mark, i was just at a pheasants forever bamquet and acquired the new ruger 'single ten'. its a single action 10 shot revolver.(22 cal is all) would have enough loaded to get us started. aj

Thats a nice piece from what i've heard,have'nt seen one in person yet...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Not from a photoshoot for the magazine, but, I like this shot. Bossman's 900B Kenworth. Warmed up 444 Cummins, 6x4, 4.56 rears...

hitachi800andbmodel2sma.jpg

And the big 379 with two fairly impressive loads...

darkhorsecrushtek1small.jpg

darkhorsed10andother1cr.jpg

Troy.