Your first car

Timothy Maikshilo

1st car was a '69 LeMans with a '68 grille (liked the 68 much better than the 69) & '67 GTO wheels.

You got the best of those 3 years in one nice looking package. After the '69 I bought a '68 LeMans with a 350 and a 3 speed Hydromatic?. It drove much nicer but I preferred the '69 tailights above the bumper.

I also prefer the tailights on the '70-'72 Nova's compared to the '68-'69.

Jim

my first car is a 71 camaro ss 396 4 speed my dad bought it to drag race with but when he saw how good of shape it was in he couldnt cut it up so we pulled the engine and trans and put in a 350 with a 350 trans and i drove it to school and on dates and such. then one day while at the track (i raced it a few times in foot brake class) a guy comes over and starts asking about the car and if it was a true ss 396 or not and we told him it was and he begin to tell us how rare the car was (only 978 made with 4 speed) and thats one of the last times i drove the car we put the engine and trans back in it and now it sits in my dads garage. last time i started it it started like it had not been stored for a few years. now im going to have to go drive around the block a few times and play a little bit.

• Like 1

My first car was also my current one! i bought a 1970 Chevy C-10 pickup when i was 15,and still own it to this day. 350,4-speed been several different colors over the years,it is currently 1967 Chevelle Marina blue,only thing i have really ever changed/upgraded was a "vintage air" A/C unit,and changed from six lug wheels to five. Still runs/looks great,my wife says she'll prolly bury me in it...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My first car was also my current one! i bought a 1970 Chevy C-10 pickup when i was 15,and still own it to this day. 350,4-speed been several different colors over the years,it is currently 1967 Chevelle Marina blue,only thing i have really ever changed/upgraded was a "vintage air" A/C unit,and changed from six lug wheels to five. Still runs/looks great,my wife says she'll prolly bury me in it...................................Mark

Hopefully she intends to do this after your passing from natural causes.

Got any pics? My favorite pickups are the '67-'72 Chevy's

Jim

Hopefully she intends to do this after your passing from natural causes.

Got any pics? My favorite pickups are the '67-'72 Chevy's

I sure do,just using my wifes laptop,soon as the home PC is back up and running i'll post them.................and as far as the "burial" and what a pain in the ass i can be,may or may not be "natural causes' lol!...........................Mark

My First vehicle was an 82 F-250 4X4. had the 300 inline 6 and the 4 speed. Could not kill that motor. Wish I still had it. Bought it at 14. Had a friend store it at the tow company he worked at. Her got fired and when I went to get the truck the owner had crushed it I was so pissed.Got pics at home

My first car was a 1958 Chevy Delray that my Uncle and i put a 348 with 3 deuces in it and it had a 3 speed with Hurst conversion this was in 1966.Progressive linkage on carbs sounded great when kicking in one at a time but could not pull the hat off your head compared to 327'S. Now its hard and expensive to find any double hump 348 or 409'S.Joe D.

Wow! You guys all had awsome first rides.

This is my Dad's first car:

post-10909-0-65493200-1332039161_thumb.j

It's a 1971 Chevy Monte Carlo with a hot rod 396 Big-Block in it. It's been modified slightly since when he got it in 1988, but it's neat that we still have it.

Ben

I always like those myself. When in high school I put a rear clip onto a 71 Monte Carlo SS. Only one I'd ever seen with a 454, and Muncie four speed, triple black with steel slotted corporate ralley wheels.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My first ride will go as follows:

My dad is going to teach me to weld and torch shortly after my 14th birthday in June. Then my project will commence progress. I also agree with the statement "cars are for city kids and girls."

It's starting as a 1954 GMC 250 Deluxe 1-Ton pickup. Were also soon to aquire a '52 Chevy Suburban to use to custom-fabricate a crew cab (don't worry, it has already been relieved of any parts of value). We also have an '84 International 4200 parts truck with a Detroit Diesel 6V92TA and 9-Speed Roadranger.

The final product will be a 1954 GMC, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Fleetside Pick-up Truck, with a 400+ HP DD 6V92TA & RT-909, 46" Military Tires, and 5-Ton Rockwell 4X4 suspension. Also other small acsessories such as dual 8" straight stacks, 1/4" steel bumpers, Air Conditioning, Powerful Stereo System, ETC.

Overall, it is a pretty ambitious project, but I am relatively confident in my (and my dad's) ability to follow through with its completion by my 16th birthday two years from now.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

The only vehicle I've ever owned that I don't still have is my first motorcycle. It was a '95 Suzuki GS500E...bought it new/leftover with 0 miles Memorial Day weekend in 1997. By Spring Break (March) of 2000, I already had over 22,500 miles on the little 500 and I needed a bigger bike. Being a broke college kid at the time, I had to let it go....it was my down payment on the 1100 Kawasaki I'm heading out to the garage right now to finish bleeding the brakes (just rebuilt the calipers & put new lines on) and install a new battery. Hell, just dumped about $2500 into a bike that probably doesn't book quite that much...but it's a good bike and I like it. Lots of "Redneck Custom" features on the thing....hell, I've had it for more than 12 years now.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

My first ride will go as follows:

My dad is going to teach me to weld and torch shortly after my 14th birthday in June. Then my project will commence progress. I also agree with the statement "cars are for city kids and girls."

It's starting as a 1954 GMC 250 Deluxe 1-Ton pickup. Were also soon to aquire a '52 Chevy Suburban to use to custom-fabricate a crew cab (don't worry, it has already been relieved of any parts of value). We also have an '84 International 4200 parts truck with a Detroit Diesel 6V92TA and 9-Speed Roadranger.

The final product will be a 1954 GMC, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Fleetside Pick-up Truck, with a 400+ HP DD 6V92TA & RT-909, 46" Military Tires, and 5-Ton Rockwell 4X4 suspension. Also other small acsessories such as dual 8" straight stacks, 1/4" steel bumpers, Air Conditioning, Powerful Stereo System, ETC.

Overall, it is a pretty ambitious project, but I am relatively confident in my (and my dad's) ability to follow through with its completion by my 16th birthday two years from now.

Ben

wow ben your 13 im 12, we both have a mack and some other old trucks and cars and things. i actually learned how to drive on my papas 1978 ford single axle dump truck with a 4 speed.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

My first car was a 1958 Chevy Delray that my Uncle and i put a 348 with 3 deuces in it and it had a 3 speed with Hurst conversion this was in 1966.Progressive linkage on carbs sounded great when kicking in one at a time but could not pull the hat off your head compared to 327'S. Now its hard and expensive to find any double hump 348 or 409'S.Joe D.

I've often wished i'd bought that '64 C-80 Chevrolet truck that I could have gotten for $500 about 10 or 15 years ago. It had a 348 that the owner said ran like a top, and it was in pretty good shape, just a little rust on the fenders and it was missing the electric 2 speed axle motor. It was pulled into high and secured with a rubber strap but a motor wouldn't have been hard to find. He didn't have a title but said he'd help me get one. That engine was worth the asking price. The owner was a logger and was killed just last week when a tree fell on him.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1969 GTO Judge, In 1979 bought this car in high school for $200, guy wanted $250 (had a hard time coming up with $200) Drove it for about 3 years before buying a pickup and had pickups ever since. Still have the car and now valued at $30,000.

post-147-0-42220000-1332081710_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-48423300-1332081720_thumb.jpg

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

1969 GTO Judge, In 1979 bought this car in high school for $200, guy wanted $250 (had a hard time coming up with $200) Drove it for about 3 years before buying a pickup and had pickups ever since. Still have the car and now valued at $30,000.

I had one in 1976 and with the exception of black interior, was just like it. It that a Ram Aiv III, or IV? Mine was a IV and four speed.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ram Air III, 4 speed. Had also a 69 Ram Air IV, Auto, but sold it. At that time, could not afford both and the IV needed more work. Neal Cofell owns that car in Bismarck, ND

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Always wanted a GTO,closest i came was a 67 Lemans with a GTO front clip and drive train that i bought in a junkyard (remember those days?) i sold the whole mess to a buddy of mine,for $800.00 (downpayment on my pickup) sure wish i had kept it now. I remember there was a 66/67 convertible for sale in the same wrecking yard at the time,that only needed a right quarter panel and back bumper,wheel and tire for $1000.00 bucks! try finding one of those deals now!...................................Mark

nearly traded the '69 LeMans for a '69 GTO 400/4 speed. Should have done it but still wouldn't have the car today....

Pictures of before & after of the Nova, can seen the very front corner of the LeMans in the one pic.

post-45-0-05237300-1332084954_thumb.jpg

Always wanted a GTO,closest i came was a 67 Lemans with a GTO front clip and drive train that i bought in a junkyard (remember those days?) i sold the whole mess to a buddy of mine,for $800.00 (downpayment on my pickup) sure wish i had kept it now. I remember there was a 66/67 convertible for sale in the same wrecking yard at the time,that only needed a right quarter panel and back bumper,wheel and tire for $1000.00 bucks! try finding one of those deals now!...................................Mark

When I was 13 the neighbor down the road had a maroon 1966 GTO with 4 speed and tri power and a gold 1967 GTO with an automatic tri power. $600.00 would have bought these cars in 1978 but my Father said no way your binging home frigg'in junk from the neighbor. Neighbor said I could work in the woods with him for the cars but Dad wouldn't have it....Damn!

wow ben your 13 im 12, we both have a mack and some other old trucks and cars and things. i actually learned how to drive on my papas 1978 ford single axle dump truck with a 4 speed.

I think it's really neat that there's another kid out there just like me. I learned to drive by watching my dad very closely, and the first thing I drove was an '81 Chevy C10 shortbed with a 250cid Straight-Six. We use it for hauling stuff around the house. I haven't gotten to drive a manual trans yet, but I will pretty soon.

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I think it's really neat that there's another kid out there just like me. I learned to drive by watching my dad very closely, and the first thing I drove was an '81 Chevy C10 shortbed with a 250cid Straight-Six. We use it for hauling stuff around the house. I haven't gotten to drive a manual trans yet, but I will pretty soon.

im sure youll catch on pretty quick with a manual tranny. my u model is pretty easy, and my papas ford dump was pretty easy to drive. :twothumbsup:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

1st vehicle I drove was a Mack Cruiseliner with a V8 & 5 Speed when I was 14. summer & weekend job was washing trucks and one afternoon when I walked into Chuck's office to let him know I had finished another truck and was ready to have someone pull it out and bring in the next he decided "if you're gonna wash them, your gonna drive them!" So he put me in the drivers seat, closed the door and climbed up the outside and told me what to do and to NOT knock him off the truck! That was my driving lesson...