Frame shortening questions...

tkobes43

Allison 3000 series :rolleyes:

Tom

Hahaha...well thats ok we cant all be perfect. The only reason I ask is because I know the Eatons are like trying to find hens teeth. A buddy of mine has a real nice one, black, polished aluminum rollback with the extended cab. He looked high and low trying to find a stick shift.

Ok, it's only a single axle. Handful of bolts, a good 1/2" Dewalt drill and go to town. Have to watch driveshaft angle with all them carrier bearings. Might have to shim it a bit to get it right after you move it up. WIth a couple people and the right tools, it could be mobile in one day. Drop the driveshaft, unbolt suspension and slide it up and clamp it. Drill holes and bolt it back on. Redo plumbing and get driveshaft put back in. Whack off the extra. See, simple LOL!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ok, it's only a single axle. Handful of bolts, a good 1/2" Dewalt drill and go to town. Have to watch driveshaft angle with all them carrier bearings. Might have to shim it a bit to get it right after you move it up. WIth a couple people and the right tools, it could be mobile in one day. Drop the driveshaft, unbolt suspension and slide it up and clamp it. Drill holes and bolt it back on. Redo plumbing and get driveshaft put back in. Whack off the extra. See, simple LOL!!!

you willing to take the long drive out to jersey, full expenses paid for? gas, food, hotel etc? LOL just thought id ask.

EDIT- i found a truck, 2007 4400 tractor cab with sleeper, shortened wheelbase with a 5th wheel and with 335,000 miles... Whats your thoughts on this truck with 335,000 miles? Price $40,000 & it has a eaton fuller 10 speed :banana:

ServeImageaspxblack.jpg

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

More to it than just unbolting the spring hangers and cutting the rails !! Needs to be even on both sides or it will not track right , mite need to move cross members for carrier bear and spring hangers or usually revieted . Nornally about 2 days, leave this to a professinal

Thats why I'm looking at one with a bit more miles. I don't want to have to go through shortening the frame, drive shaft, air hoses. ETC. Id rather buy one with more miles already done and been well taken care of.

The black truck has a DT570. Should i pursue the black truck instead of the other one? When should i expect to do a over haul on this engine with 335k on it?

Tom

Well guys, id thought id revisit this topic to update it. A few days a go i sent out my deposit for the Black 4400. All i need to do is sell my mason dump truck and john deere 997 on ebay and she will be home. If you need either one of them please purchase them :D;)

1996 Ford Mason Dump-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170812506547#ht_756wt_1167

2011 John Deere 997-

http://www.ebay.com/...49#ht_647wt_600

Enjoy your rest of your weekend!!

Tom